Username: Password:

Author Topic: Bags, lost price to sell, BTC skyhigh ...  (Read 7178 times)

Offline GUI No0b

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Bags, lost price to sell, BTC skyhigh ...
« on: November 18, 2017, 10:20:12 AM »
Hello Gunthar, guys,

I want to apologize in advance for all the noob things I'm gonna ask :D ...

So, I got the bot like 2 months ago (running on 3.3.2 because ... check nickname :D ), was able to play a little bit with it in the beginning, but then work and other problems caught me and I left it unattended for a while. In the beginning I made some good buys/sales, as well as some mistakes from which I learnt (like Stepgain can make a purchase during a small dump which is part of enormous hump and there you have it - a bag :D ... so I moved to BB afterwards. Or why is it bad idea to trade those too cheap coins like Doge and  RDD (double mistake - it was also just at hump at the moment and produced a nice bag afterwards)).

So lately I was monitoring it via TabTrader app and thought it's not making any sales because the BTC is high. However, I got surprised it doesn't sell the BCH last week, so I logged in and saw that only 1 out of 9 pairs remembers the LAST BUY ORDER PRICE.

I see now it lost the price for BCH at:

::::2017/10/01 14:24:02   Error Missing price to sell

and even earlier for some other pairs. It might be related to some crashes I had and restarts of the bot I performed. Or reconfiguration of the pair parameters while testing different strategies.  Gunthy, would you like me to provide you some logs?

Think I also saw for some pair messages that the cycle has failed, can't find now which one ...

So, apart of that, I'm wondering now what to do with the bags. I doubt (or at least hope) BTC will go down so much (4000-4400$) that the both will sell them even if I find a way to make him find the price he bought at . So I better sell and try again my luck on the new prices. I was even thinking shouldn't I test the ETH market instead of BTC (with BTC going up like crazy it no longer satisfies the descriptions of coins to be traded by the bot ... but on the other hand, I want my profits in BTC exactly cause of that :D ). I should also consider moving to some newer version that has the anti-bag functionalities (how is it working for you guys this latest weeks?), seems there's already some external GUI no matter the version.

PS: the correct way to reconfigure is just to press start after making the changes in the left window, right ?

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Bags, lost price to sell, BTC skyhigh ...
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 10:38:53 AM »
Before you move on to higher versions, you neeed to have your API revalidated. Do this through mr. G, exquitas or narkotix. The latter two might be much quicker, as mr. G himself is busy coding the bot.

As RE: bags, I myself always lost money the moment I took matters from the bot and into my hands. Just as an example, back at the end of september the bot makes a buy of DASH at about 290 euros. It didn't sell in the first couple days, but I thought nothing about it. In october the price stared going down, and voila, a bag of DASH. I waited patiently 10 days, and then I had it,I  stopped the pair in the bot and sold maniacally at 240, a net loss. 3 weeks later, DASH is over 350 euros per ...
The lesson to be learned here is, no matter if you don't see any bag from getting saved, crap, just let it sit there instead of selling at loss. Let the bot do it.

Offline GUI No0b

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 08:20:00 AM »
 Well - that's the problem, I can't leave it to do its work right now, cause it just can't - it lost the price to sell and can't do it (missed the opportunity when BCH was 2400$, so did it by hand at 1000 and few). I'm not selling everything - took back to my wallets the ETH, DASH and LTC, now wonder what to do with the ZEC, OMG, XRP, (the bot can't sell them unless I find the way to repair the missing price problem ... probably can try to restart them and see if that happens, but I guess that's how the problem occurred in the first place - either program restart or pair reconfig/restart). XMR is the only one still working :D ...

The RDD and USDT I'll sell for sure. I read that the antibag strategy in the new versions also rely on selling the bags, so that a lot of new trades can be made on the new price level and thus generating profit, instead of waiting for months.

But how does my idea to trade on ETH instead of the BTC market sound? Anyone having both, is the ETH market more "stable" (making lots of fast trades since there's no such enormous humps)?

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 10:26:56 AM »
well, you really need to calculate against something to determine bag value in cross market deals. I still use fiat when comparing cross market. because, well, fiat is still all I use to pay for stuff. re: missed bought prices, in higher bot versions you will have an override command to enter missed bought prices manually. the bot will still "loose" the occasional bought price. I suspect that happens when your exchange, after some time, moves the old buy orders into archive, and the bot can't access the archives to retrieve said price.

Offline GUI No0b

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 10:41:26 AM »
Nah ... I'm pretty sure it's storing it its logs - there's one with the orders exactly, another one with all the cycles and prices that's over 100 mb already etc. I need to check my trading history, but I think that this single pair that's running without problems is the last one  I decided to add, weeks after the previous were working. As said I had some crashes, so either it lost the price once I restarted and I failed to notice it, either  during some reconfig in the strategies ...

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 12:56:03 PM »
I haven't checked how deep the logs go, and if they start overwriting at some point. The XT version I have now, is running only for a couple of days, so ... hit me in a month, we'll see how deep the logs go.