Username: Password:

Author Topic: Choose / Switch between Strategies [Linux]  (Read 11924 times)

Offline redline

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Choose / Switch between Strategies [Linux]
« on: April 22, 2017, 11:14:52 AM »
Hello,

first of all big thanks to gunther and the very helpful community here.
My Gunbot v3.1 is more or less running smooth =)
I only have one problem...

I always use Gunthers default Template to configure the pairs. But i still do not understand how / where i can change the strategy for each pair (LINUX) ?
And whats the default strategy on Gunbot v3.1 is it Pure Bollinger Band ping pong ?

Would be happy, if someone can give me an example how to switch / what settings to change to use another strategy

thanks in advance

redline´

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Choose / Switch between Strategies [Linux]
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 10:11:10 PM »
The Strategies:
With this release, you can operate on 3 markets (Poloniex, Kraken, Bittrex) using different strategies:

1- Pure EMA ping-pong: let your bot buy at a fixed % below EMA and sell at a fixed percentual above EMA.
These are the settings to use for this strategy:
- SELL_STRATEGY: 'GAIN', //sell strategy to use (BB or GAIN)
- BUY_STRATEGY: 'GAIN', // buy strategy to use (BB or GAIN)
- BUY_LEVEL: 1, //percentual from weighted price you want to buy if you want to use GAIN strategy
- BITTREX_GAIN: 2, // margin to sell on bittrex
- KRAKEN_GAIN: 2, // margin to sell on kraken
- GAIN: 2, // margin to sell on poloniex
With this settings your bot will buy at 1% below ema and sell at 2% above ema (you can set sell levels per each market.

2- Pure Bollinger Band ping pong: let your bot buy close to the lower Bollinger Band and sell close to the higher
Bollinger Band.
These are the settings to use for this strategy:
- LOW_BB: 5, //percentual from the lowest Bollinger Band you want to buy
- HIGH_BB: 5, //percentual from the highest Bollinger Band you want to sell
- SELL_STRATEGY: 'BB', //sell strategy to use (BB or GAIN)
- BUY_STRATEGY: 'BB', // buy strategy to use (BB or GAIN)
Notice: when you first start your GUNBOT, it has not statistics yet, it needs to collect and build indicators.
Hence, to protect you from buying too high because the Bollinger Band are not completely calculated
yet, the GUNBOT will work using the GAIN strategy until it says the statistics are correctly loaded. It will
switch automatically to the Bollinger Band strategy when ready. So, be sure to properly set BUY_LEVEL
and GAIN % in all markets!

3- A mix of the previous strategies: you can decide to BUY at fixed % and to sell at higher Bollinger Band. Or you
can decide to BUY at lower Bollinger Band and to sell at % GAIN from your bought price. Or you can decide to
restrict the Bollinger Band and use a Bollinger Band ping pong with smaller interval (play with the LOW_BB and
HIGH_BB settings to achieve this.