Username: Password:

Author Topic: Keep getting 'Jsongui stopped working' !!  (Read 8557 times)

Offline WenDan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Keep getting 'Jsongui stopped working' !!
« on: October 19, 2017, 04:07:39 PM »
Hello, I have Gunbot now for a few days and a lot of things are going very good!

Next to the good things I'm having a problem that the GB keeps crashing when I make some adjustments (for example add new pairs). It crashes with the message Jsongui stopped working and I can only just close the GB. After that I have to open the GB load all the pairs and manually sell some buys on Bittrex. This happened about ten times nowin a few days  :(.

I have seen the video and post about not touching the 'retry and cancel button' when adding a new pair. . I do not touch them!! And still the GB crashes.

I have the GB 3.3 version on Bittrex.

Hope someone can help.

Grtz

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Keep getting 'Jsongui stopped working' !!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 04:17:08 PM »
I'd recommand to stick to 3.3.2 version, for me it never crashed on bittrex.

Offline WenDan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 06:02:54 PM »
Ok thanks, I made a mistake. I have the 33.2 version!!

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 06:14:34 PM »
You mean... you had the 3.3.2 when you had the problems, or you had another version, but you also have the 3.3.2 ?!

Offline WenDan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 09:00:16 PM »
I use the 3.3.2. version and have the problems!

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 01:48:55 PM »
Ah, very sorry, and I don't know :-(

I use pure gunthy, no GUI - this way I can separate the problems, not to get the situation you just described, and if I understood you well.
Good luck -

Offline cryptosticks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 02:05:11 PM »
Heh.  I have that problem too on my v3.3.2 on Win 7 VPS.

I slam the "CANCEL" buttons after I wait a good 3-4 minutes.   I have to cancel many times to get control back because I have tons of trading pairs.

The work around I've found is to re-create the trading pairs I want, hit SAVE, then START.  i.e. I let it start and after it takes too long I hit cancel a bunch of times.  Whatever pairs aren't started properly I CLOSE.  Then I re-create the pairs, hit SAVE, then START.  It's slow but it works for me.

I have two instances of v3.3.2 running.  One for BTC pairs, and one for ETH pairs.  I've never had issues with the ETH trading pair instance.... which makes me think that the Jsongui issue may be related to running too many pairs in one instance of the bot.  My BTC instance has a ton of trading pairs all running in full BB.

Are you running on a home system or a VPS?  Anything else running?

Hello, I have Gunbot now for a few days and a lot of things are going very good!

Next to the good things I'm having a problem that the GB keeps crashing when I make some adjustments (for example add new pairs). It crashes with the message Jsongui stopped working and I can only just close the GB. After that I have to open the GB load all the pairs and manually sell some buys on Bittrex. This happened about ten times nowin a few days  :(.

I have seen the video and post about not touching the 'retry and cancel button' when adding a new pair. . I do not touch them!! And still the GB crashes.

I have the GB 3.3 version on Bittrex.

Hope someone can help.

Grtz

Offline WenDan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 05:11:20 PM »
Thanks for your replies. In my situation it doesn't take long. But when I hit start 1 out of three times Gunbot crashes and and I can only close the bot and start all over again....

I have the gunbot running on a virtual machine on a mac. Not a seperate server.

Grtz,

Offline cryptosticks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 12:17:43 AM »
Hi.  If you are running Windows in a VM machine please check your Windows configuration to make sure you don't have other stuff running in the background.  You will have limited memory in your Windows instance.

Make sure you've reset the MSIE settings (last tab in the Microsoft Internet Explorer settings gives you options to reset to default settings, which will require a reboot).

You don't want extra stuff (different web browsers, etc) running in the background of your Windows VM.

I suggest finding a few Mac people to chat.  I'm not sure running in the VM is the best way.

What type of Mac are you on?  Laptop with limited RAM to start with?

Offline Codefinger

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 06:45:46 PM »
Heh.  I have that problem too on my v3.3.2 on Win 7 VPS.

I slam the "CANCEL" buttons after I wait a good 3-4 minutes.   I have to cancel many times to get control back because I have tons of trading pairs.

The work around I've found is to re-create the trading pairs I want, hit SAVE, then START.  i.e. I let it start and after it takes too long I hit cancel a bunch of times.  Whatever pairs aren't started properly I CLOSE.  Then I re-create the pairs, hit SAVE, then START.  It's slow but it works for me.

I have two instances of v3.3.2 running.  One for BTC pairs, and one for ETH pairs.  I've never had issues with the ETH trading pair instance.... which makes me think that the Jsongui issue may be related to running too many pairs in one instance of the bot.  My BTC instance has a ton of trading pairs all running in full BB.

I suspect Cryptosticks is correct.  It has something to do with resources allocated to each instance of jsongui running a trading pair.  I'm still learning how to tweak XT, so I'm still running pairs on 3.3.2 

I've noticed that GunBot slows down considerably, and lately, after starting about the 6th trading pair (manually, the way Cryptosticks describes).  It will only run for a few hours or overnight before jsongui crashes.  Is this a case where more memory needs to be allocated to the java heap or something?  Gb Devs?  Buehler?  Buehler?

I would really like to know how to resolve this.  Even after switching over to XT, I'd still like to setup another box with my ol' pal 3.3.2 on it without problems.  Any software that pays for itself within the first two weeks deserves to be kept running.  :)

BTW, this is not running on a VPS,  this is on a spare engineering workstation I have with two E5-2623V3 3.2 Ghz processors and 16GB of RAM.  Available resources are not a problem. ;) Nothing else running on the system except 64bit Win-doze 7 (for now) and the usual crapola for an older nvidia graphics card.   
"It is an Ill Wind that Blows No Minds..."