Username: Password:

Author Topic: Gunbot Sold All of it???  (Read 7499 times)

Offline oldskoolnix

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Gunbot Sold All of it???
« on: December 17, 2017, 10:29:24 PM »
Hi,

I was holding 0.06BTC worth of a coin, and (thought) I had the strategy configured properly with TRADING_LIMIT set to 0.03.

My bot just sold it all.

Now, I can't complain too much, it was quite a nice profit... but, I'd like to know what I did wrong in configuring that trading pair. 

After setup, I clicked the blue 'Update' button for the pair, then the green 'Apply Changes' back on the dashboard.
The log confirmed the changes were loaded.

In this case, I intended to hodl half the amount / trade half.  How do I correct this in the future?

Thanks,

Nix

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Gunbot Sold All of it???
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 07:14:53 AM »
2 accounts. one for trading, one for holding. or, transfer holding amount to wallet, keep trading amount on exchange.

Offline oldskoolnix

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 05:55:45 PM »
Excellent advice.  Thank you.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 10:07:47 PM »
there's one more, I forgot about this: every strat since 602 (I think) version has a FUNDS RESERVE function. this is also used to specify how much of your primary stays in your account and can not be used for trading. it works only for your primary.
fromthe wiki:
FUNDS_RESERVE   0.001   

Values: numerical – represent an amount in primary trading currency. Sets an amount of base currency that will not be traded with. For a BTC_x pair, funds in BTC would be reserved, for an ETH_x pair the bot will keep the amount in ETH reserved, etc. It is recommended to use the same value for all pairs you run in this base currency.

Offline oldskoolnix

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 05:53:40 PM »
Thanks again sloaleks.  I went back and re-read the wiki and found that setting but I think I misunderstood it. 

bbstepgain
TRADING_LIMIT:  0.02
FUNDS_RESERVE:  0.01
GAIN: 2

blah...blah... you know the rest. 

Hmmm...  I'm running 6.0.2, but I don't know if its the final version though.  I think I pulled this one down from Gunthar's github right around the time I got an email saying 6.0.2 was released.  Just found another post saying the most recent version of 602 is here:  https://gunbot.shop/gunbot-xt-edition-gunthy-gui-v6-0-2-final/

Tell me if I've got this down, cause I think I had it backward:

If it only works with the primary coin (BTC in this case), and I'm currently trading with 0.02 BTC in NXT coins,

GB would sell according to the TRADING_LIMIT (e.g.  all 0.02), but

on the next buy it would only buy 0.01 NXT since the FUNDS_RESERVE is set to 0.01.

So,

TRADING_LIMIT determines the amount of Altcoin (valued in BTC, ETH, whatever) to be traded per cycle.

FUNDS_RESERVE determines the amount of primary coin to be held back (if needed) per cycle.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 12:28:15 PM »
No. TRADING LIMIT is the amount of primary to be used for each trade. FUND RESERVE is the amount of primary, the bot can't touch and so much is always left on your account.
alwaysget your software from gunthar's github. 602 is not the last version. 701 is.