Username: Password:

Author Topic: Free TradingView Scripts for Backtesting and Tuning Strategies in Gunbot  (Read 122923 times)

Offline higon

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Free TradingView Scripts for Tuning Strategies in Gunbot / GunbotXT
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2017, 06:43:17 PM »
The script BB-RSI has the paremeter "RSI Length", but Gunbot has not. How to apply this parameter in Gunbut?

Offline allanster

• Contributor
  • lux ex tenebris
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2017, 09:41:45 AM »
The script BB-RSI has the paremeter "RSI Length", but Gunbot has not. How to apply this parameter in Gunbut?

I published this script before GunbotXT BB-RSI was finalized and released so I was unsure if Gunthar would include that option or not. RSI Length has been hardcoded in GunbotXT to 14 so it should not be changed in my script from that value. 14 is the trading standard for RSI Length anyways. Hope that helps.

PS... The reason I have left it in there now is because "Inputs" variables should not be changed in Pine scripts after publishing or you run the risk of users receiving parsing errors. If I were to remove it now it would blow your TradingView account's mind and the script would no longer function properly without you having to set up an entirely new TradingView account and re-adding it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:46:59 AM by allanster »
more human than human

Offline davidasaur

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2017, 04:34:39 PM »
Thanks allanster!

Offline crocklobster

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2017, 08:35:23 PM »
Hi.  Thanks for these.  Talk about power tools!

I'm still getting used to the tools, but I had two quick questions.  Trying to compare a starting point, I had bbrsi set against XVGBTC like you did earlier in the thread.  I noticed that with the newer defaults of 100000 in initial capital and order size, net profit is still 568.76 so as a percentage it's 0.57%.  If I change them back to 10000 for both, I get the 5.69% shown in the SS.  Is it possible that order size isn't working correctly when it's 100000?  I'm not super familiar with the backtesting engine, but if I had had an order of magnitude larger than the defaults before, I'd expect 5687.60 on 100000.

Edit: Changing the amounts seems to work correctly on NEOBTC, but not XVGBTC, strange.

Also, it looks like PERIOD has been removed from settings.  Are you picking that up directly from the period selected on the chart?

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 09:00:51 PM by crocklobster »

Offline toomeke

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2017, 10:34:07 PM »
Thanks bro....Im still taking all this new stuff in!
How much moola you makin? Get 10% off Cointracker NOW...it totally makes sense of your trading portfolio!
https://cointracking.info?ref=T684304

Offline allanster

• Contributor
  • lux ex tenebris
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2017, 12:51:35 PM »
Hi.  Thanks for these.  Talk about power tools!

I'm still getting used to the tools, but I had two quick questions.  Trying to compare a starting point, I had bbrsi set against XVGBTC like you did earlier in the thread.  I noticed that with the newer defaults of 100000 in initial capital and order size, net profit is still 568.76 so as a percentage it's 0.57%.  If I change them back to 10000 for both, I get the 5.69% shown in the SS.  Is it possible that order size isn't working correctly when it's 100000?  I'm not super familiar with the backtesting engine, but if I had had an order of magnitude larger than the defaults before, I'd expect 5687.60 on 100000.

Edit: Changing the amounts seems to work correctly on NEOBTC, but not XVGBTC, strange.

Also, it looks like PERIOD has been removed from settings.  Are you picking that up directly from the period selected on the chart?

I was able to reproduce your results initially just now the first time I loaded up XVGBTC and was quite puzzled by this. I had opened BB-RSI tuner and it was doing as you described. I then removed it and opened TSSL tuner on same XVGBTC pair and backtesting results behaved properly. I then removed TSSL tuner and reloaded BB-RSI tuner again (still on XVGBTC) and it behaved normally so I don't have a clue why it is doing this. I can tell you TradingView is extremely buggy, I know that's not the answer you were hoping for but it is all I have to tell you.

As far as the PERIOD... yes it is being picked up directly. There are some of the tuners that require it's entry and others which do not. I have included only when needed.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 08:31:56 AM by allanster »
more human than human

Offline McLean

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2017, 03:37:59 PM »
Let me clearly express my deepest respect!

I am far from understanding all the details about GB yet, but I am learning it seriously. Your awesome work will help me to boost my knowledge faster.

Thank you!

Robert M.

Offline zerocoolvn

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2017, 08:18:28 AM »
Thanks a lot for these scripts!

Any chance we could have BBRSIStepgain for backtesting?

Offline McLean

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2017, 12:36:54 PM »
Kind Question:

I find that you have already done an extremely useful tool. I very appreciate the effort, put by you in that project!

"But" would there be a chance to write a brief explanations to single settings in single studies? I have f.e. problems with Buy Level and Sell Level in Stepgain if I compare this with the GB strategy settings.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 12:44:52 PM by McLean »

Offline allanster

• Contributor
  • lux ex tenebris
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2017, 08:39:10 AM »
Thanks everyone for your kind words, much appreciated!

I do plan on providing more (and hopefully better) documentation soon for these. I am currently updating the scripts and trying to keep up with Gunthar's improvements in Gunbot which is a difficult task to keep up with.

As far as questions about the stepgain levels, Gunbot starts from whichever minimum level you specify and that level is what is meant to be represented by the single field for buy and sell in my script. So if you specified BUYLVL 2 in Gunbot meaning use BUY_LEVEL 2 and BUY_LEVEL 3 then the field in my script represents BUY_LEVEL 2 in that instance and then it follows the same logic as Gunbot of trying to get the maximum before trend reversal.
more human than human

Offline phaseshift

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2017, 05:47:44 PM »
BB Stepgain script only shows 11/24 to 11/29 trades on the 5min chart, is there something I'm missing? No new trades when backtesting.

Offline allanster

• Contributor
  • lux ex tenebris
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2017, 05:54:41 PM »
BB Stepgain script only shows 11/24 to 11/29 trades on the 5min chart, is there something I'm missing? No new trades when backtesting.

Not enough info provided to investigate, to answer questions like these I would need exchange, pair, strat, settings, UTC time and dates.

Some different things to try when troubleshooting would be to... load a different pair as a test, try refreshing the browser screen, or removing and reloading the indicator. Sometimes TradingView has hiccups.

The most common reason is STOP_LIMIT, if that pair has dropped in price then you may have had a buy in the past that is off of screen to the left. With default STOP_LIMIT of 60 it isn't likely going to sell and so you are not seeing any trades because it is bagged up somewhere in the past that is off screen to the left. Look at the difference in trades between these 2 screen shots, the only difference is I lowered the STOP_LIMIT from 60 to 5 (only as a test!) on the second picture...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 06:36:31 PM by allanster »
more human than human

Offline TheRichMan

• Rookie
  • RichMan's team
    • View Profile
    • https://www.invest-richmans.com/
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2017, 03:25:43 PM »

In the BB \ BBRSI \ BBstepgain charts there is no EMA1 EMA2, how correct is the situation on the charts without these data, in GUNBOT?
gunbot uses long and short ema in my work, how do I know the approximate profit without them?
Официальный реселлер GUNBOT--->TheRichMan
Создадим персональный прибыльный конфиг, обучим, или сделаем прибыль за вас, вся информация тут

Offline Raderlab

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2017, 11:27:57 AM »
The first post says you can use a free tradingview account, however intraday candles are not available on free accounts.

Offline poztaren

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2017, 10:03:54 AM »
Hello there, and I must say thank you for all these awesome tools. I'm having an issue with the BBRSI strategy, done a lot of backtesting and I've seen that my bot makes some stupid trades that the tuner somehow avoids. Is there any common mistake I should check first? Also, how about the EMA1/EMA2? There are no settings for them in the tuner so I just left them at default 24/12 in the bot, is that OK?

Offline Thorsten779

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2017, 05:00:41 PM »
Same Question as above - what about EMA1 and EMA2? Another thing is that gunbot-XT has no longer the BBRSI strategy  ... Can I adept that to BBRSIBB?

Thanks a lot for these scripts!!!

Thorsten

Offline antoniojr75

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2017, 09:23:57 PM »
The right click in the chart don't work for me, i have favorited, reloaded the page, and i have the granted permission, but don't work

Offline allanster

• Contributor
  • lux ex tenebris
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2017, 07:30:34 PM »
The right click in the chart don't work for me, i have favorited, reloaded the page, and i have the granted permission, but don't work

When you go to first load the indicator and click on the chart it must be in the rectangle containing the candles BUT you must click in blank area where there are no candles or indicators, otherwise you will be clicking on them instead.

In order to change settings in indicator this has already been answered above in this same thread here... https://gunthy.org/forum/index.php/topic,1788.msg8731.html#msg8731
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 07:40:34 PM by allanster »
more human than human

Offline allanster

• Contributor
  • lux ex tenebris
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2017, 07:42:40 PM »
The first post says you can use a free tradingview account, however intraday candles are not available on free accounts.

Your statement is incorrect, TradingView free accounts do have intraday candles.
more human than human

Offline allanster

• Contributor
  • lux ex tenebris
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2017, 07:49:19 PM »

In the BB \ BBRSI \ BBstepgain charts there is no EMA1 EMA2, how correct is the situation on the charts without these data, in GUNBOT?
gunbot uses long and short ema in my work, how do I know the approximate profit without them?

EMA is not asked for in the free tuners and is ignored in the Deluxe tuner because it is not used when you are BUYING with BB, that is why.

EMA is used to buy only with Gain / Stepgain / TSSL strategies and each of those strategies SELL x% above BOUGHT PRICE regardless of what was used to make the BUY decision.
more human than human