Username: Password:

Author Topic: New BB tactic  (Read 10918 times)

Offline Jdieks

• Rookie
    • View Profile
New BB tactic
« on: June 13, 2017, 06:40:19 PM »
Hey All,

Please tell me if I'm overlooking something, but I think I have a relatively safe idea for a tactic that is still kind of aggressive. And I don't think it's possible to implement it with the current features.

So if you look at the BB charts of a lot of coins you often see something like this: it touches the lower band, goes up, goes down a little goes up again. Then it goes through the center line, goes down a little, goes up again. Then goes to the upper band, goes down to the middle and then stays between the upper and the middle line for some time. Then goes down again.

So the idea is to use this pattern with a combination of the BB and Stepgain tactic and a little logic.

So if the low BB is set to 5% it will buy when the value is down. Then sell with stepgain. Once it crosses the middle, going up, buy more and sell with stepgain.
If it touches the middle (or is close to) from above and changes direction up again, buy again and sell with stepgain.
If it touches the middle and does not change direction, do nothing. The value will either go down to the lower band or it will get up from underneath from where it will buy because it's going up.
you could use the logic on the low BB too, that it should only buy if it changes direction upwards. (so you won't get the stress when it's sliding away ;) )

Let me know how you guys see this?

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 07:42:27 PM by Jdieks »

Offline Jdieks

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: New BB tactic
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 06:07:31 PM »
Hey People..

So I understood that a friend told Gunthar about this post. So I will add some images to illustrate what I see, with some more text underneath:

These are 3 randomly chosen coins that trade well on bittrex. As you can see I can show this pattern on almost any coin, where it goes through the middle, then kind of ping pongs between the upper lines and then goes down again. of course it's not exact sience, but I do think it's a usable pattern. Also, before a lot of pumps you first see it hit the top, go down a little towards the middle line and then the pump comes. Don't ask me why :)
The first picture is the most off btw, you only see what I mean at the right, where the pump is.

So what I'm basically suggesting it that you set 2 buy points, one on the lower band and one in the middle. And the middle will only buy if it goes through that point from underneath. Or maybe a band in the middle in which it buys when the trend is up.
After that it's just the same stepgain logic.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 06:18:18 PM by Jdieks »

Offline cryptopesa

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 07:32:24 AM »
I have set up this strategy on some of the coins. Not a bad idea - if the stepgain algo works like it should.  I think it should be able to handle (and profit nicely) form spikes (e.g. selling STEPLVL 3!, I hope). Will report if anything interesting occurs.

Offline Jdieks

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 12:37:10 PM »
Hey Cryptopesa!

I have this setup running about half of my coins atm. I'm still new, so I'm still figuring things out and I've already came to the conclusion that this method works best for coins that don't tend to fall too much (stay for too long under the BB).
But on the right coins it is pretty safe and I make a good margin on some coins doing it this way. And the nr of bags is very low, as you're almost always buying at a low point.

What I was trying to do though is to find a way where you could also profit from the middle part. As the stepgain from the bottom has not yet stepped all the way up to the upper BB yet, but rather sell at 2-3% profit, wait a little till it goes back, buys again and sell again at 2-3% (with the right coins).
That's where my suggestion to set an extra buy band in the middle comes from. But the risk is that it buys on the way down, so the middle should only buy on the way up.
At least, that's what I think atm.

and when it's too high, you need to wait again till the coin is in it's lower half until this tactic works.

PS actually for some coins, that fall, but stepwise, this also seems to work. Like POT. Where I do lower bb 1% and then stepgain sell.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 12:42:44 PM by Jdieks »

Offline magictrade

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 06:33:09 PM »
thats not direct to the topic, but a little bit (;

atm i run the same pairs on different account......

onetime with stepgain and one time with bb.........

both are amazing ! and till now the profit is near simular......

but the trades are different.......

maybe its possible to combinate both or i think if it possible to change the "trailing value for buy/sell", then gunbot with bb is unbeatable.......
becouse you can set the bb% to 40-50% or so on...... for each pair.........
and gunbot follows the price and if the price turns a little, it wait and keep following......if the price turns to much, it buy/sell.....

if it possible, to analyse how fast the price grow or fall, maybe it is possible, that gunbot can autochange the value.......
for example a smaller/tighter value, for an price, that grows fast (pumps) / that falls fast....
and an wider value, for an price, that grows "normal" with some little falls on the way up........

and they is another think.........

if iam right, than if the upper bb closer to the ema, than its an uptrend......
in an strong uptrend, often the price only falls to the middleline and then go up again......
i think, if you use sell bb 25% and buy bb 25% then gunbot will miss much trades ?
in this case its better to work with (step-)gain for buying........

Offline QuantumMiner

• Rookie
  • don't play with more than you afford to loose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 09:39:05 PM »
Inspirational. I was experimenting with STEP GAIN and thought about incorporating BB for buy just today. Testing it with various BB atm.