Username: Password:

Author Topic: Currency for minimum values  (Read 5825 times)

Offline pedrolx78

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Currency for minimum values
« on: February 22, 2018, 12:37:43 AM »
Hello can anyone tell me, in a pair BTC-EUR, in which currency we should put the minimum buys and sells? Is it in BTC or in EUR? It doesn't really specify...

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Currency for minimum values
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 01:10:04 PM »
in the primary. which is your primary? in the notation you wrote, it would be BTC. so, trading volume in BTC, also min volume to buy and min volume to sell in BTC (and these two are not what you think, read the wiki what they are for).

Offline pedrolx78

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 01:53:30 AM »
Hi thanks what do you mean they are not what I think?

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 07:30:50 AM »
From your post I deduced that you believe there are minimum buy and sell settings. There is no setting for minimum buy and sell, those are only thresholds, designed to ignore dust on your account. There is, hovewer, an exact setting to buy (not to sell, this is strategy setup depending), it's the trading limit.

Offline pedrolx78

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 12:50:03 PM »
Hi thanks, I guess I understand :)

Could you please help me with something else: it seems that the bot could buy and sell at times yet it replies that 'there are too many emotions in the market' waiting to buy/sell.

What can I do to prevent this? I think it's missing out on opportunities to buy/sell...

Regards.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 06:06:13 AM »
this means that there is too much volatility on the market. it is a safety feature to prevent bags. depending on strategy, it can be turned off.
OKKIES_MODE   true   

Values: true or false. Setting this to true disables buy orders when there is too much price and volume pressure on BTC. Configurable with BTC_MONEY_FLOW. Only use this if BTC pumps have a significant effect on your trading pair.