Username: Password:

Author Topic: Gunbot XT not buying on Binance  (Read 8733 times)

Offline la7788

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Gunbot XT not buying on Binance
« on: February 11, 2018, 01:48:12 AM »
Hi, I am trying to run Gunbot XT on Binance. So far I have set the pair to USDT/BTC.

Question 1: Binance has this pair as BTC/USDT, but Gunbot has it as USDT/BTC. Which one is my primary coin here? Should my trading limit be specified in BTC or USDT?

Question 2: My bot has not made any buys yet. See my settings in the screenshot, and also see the output I am getting from the bot. If i run this for hours it does not make any trades.

Side note: The output says BTC Profit 394. That actually is how much Tether I have (394) and that was a manual trade I did before the bot.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 01:54:28 AM by la7788 »

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Gunbot XT not buying on Binance
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 07:26:29 AM »
in gunbot the primary currency is the left one.
min volume to buy, and ... to sell is set wrong for USDT, you should set them both for a whole number, like 1 or 2 for USDT. you will sometimes have to run for days to get a trade. it is all depending on the market and on your settings.

Offline la7788

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 04:34:17 AM »
Ok thanks for the info. I'll update my settings. Also, I am trying to run some settings that do not require days in between trades. Do any of my current settings stand out as red flags if I do not want to go days in between trades?

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 09:22:02 AM »
BB is set pretty conservative (I'd have set low bb to 10, and high to 45, buy late, sell early - even more conservative). Which is good in the market we have. It may take days to break a trade, but at least you'll not fill up the bags for weeks. Fast trades in bear markets will lead to bags, and bags lead to tears - and lost money. Or, if you have enough capital use double up in fast trading.

Offline la7788

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 10:51:56 PM »
BB is set pretty conservative (I'd have set low bb to 10, and high to 45, buy late, sell early - even more conservative). Which is good in the market we have. It may take days to break a trade, but at least you'll not fill up the bags for weeks. Fast trades in bear markets will lead to bags, and bags lead to tears - and lost money. Or, if you have enough capital use double up in fast trading.

Thanks again. One more question, for Min value to buy, the definition in the gunbot documentation is: "Values: numerical – represents the total value of a coins holdings in market currency. Sets a threshold for buy orders. If you own less than the set amount, buy orders will still be placed. This prevents owning very small quantities (dust) blocking buy orders. Only use whole numbers for fiat pairs."

So am I correct in thinking I need to set this value higher than 1 USDT? Am I correct in thinking if it's 1 USDT it will never make buys since I own more than that amount?

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 09:07:59 AM »
So am I correct in thinking I need to set this value higher than 1 USDT? Am I correct in thinking if it's 1 USDT it will never make buys since I own more than that amount?
set it to 1 or 2 or even 5. you are not correct. these are min values, not max. it will ignore anything less than set value.