Username: Password:

Author Topic: Reversal trading opposite?  (Read 6634 times)

Offline eppenga

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reversal trading opposite?
« on: June 01, 2018, 08:06:37 PM »
Hi everybody!

I am not a professional and I tried to understand reversal trading but I do not understand a few things, maybe you can help me?

The green dots are BUY moments and the red dots are SELL moments. These are all reversal trades, Gunbot reports lines like this:
REVERSAL TRADING: The price went up before RT was finished and we have bought back your altcoins.
REVERSAL TRADING: BUYING BTS-BTC at poloniex

But...isn't Gunbot doing it the wrong way around? It is buying high and selling low!!

Also what Gunbot calls "BUYING BTS-BTC" is what poloniex calls "SELLING".

Maybe I do not understand or miss the point of reversal trading? Thank you.

Kind regards.

Offline lemao

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Reversal trading opposite?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 04:05:58 PM »
I am also looking for information on this and the wiki does not help me
it's a shame that there is no concrete case study with more advice on the parameters to use. I thing it's a lack of the gunbot community.

Offline boekenbox

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 04:19:10 PM »
The situation you describe is actually quite straightforward:

The buy orders are buyback orders (as described in the Telegram notification). This means the RT process failed to accumulate altcoins because the price has increased again before it could accumulate. Your original bag is bought back and if prices rise further, a regular profit sell would be made.

The sell orders you show follow your setting for RT_SELL_BUYDOWN exactly, your issue is that you get into a loop of RT_SELL and buybacks, which isn't good for anyone but the exchange collecting fees. Increase RT_SELL_BUYDOWN for this pair to prevent such a loop.

Offline robbie22

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 11:24:26 AM »
nice chart