Username: Password:

Author Topic: Do you ever manually sell to cut losses and move on?  (Read 6191 times)

Offline BeagleMan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Do you ever manually sell to cut losses and move on?
« on: September 20, 2017, 06:02:01 PM »
My example is with ARK right now. Everything was going very well and GB made lots of profitable trades. Unfortunately, now I'm left with a bunch of ARK just sitting there that GB won't get rid of. I'm wondering if I should just keep my fingers crossed in hopes of it eventually going back up (it might, it's not a bad coin) or if I should just sell it to free up the capital to make profitable trades elsewhere. I might consider putting on double up, but I don't have enough bitcoin to cover the entire lot of ARK.

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Do you ever manually sell to cut losses and move on?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 06:06:50 PM »
Same problem here with ARK  :P

If you need "cash" to trade, no other solution than to sell as is, mark a loss, and try to compensate on other pairs.
A trader always loose; the important it to gain (a bit) more than you loose.

If you don't need immediate cash, place manual orders on the marketplace with a tiny margin, or a decent loss (like -5% for example, if you're already far below...)

Third solution, leave your bot trying to sell them - but it'll take a long time and a load on the API...

Good luck!

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Do you ever manually sell to cut losses and move on?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 08:27:54 AM »
I did a panic sell on two bags holding for several days, to cut my losses on move on. Only to find out 6 to 10 hours later, that they could have been sold by the bot with profit ... Now I just let them sit and wait for the bot to do it's thing.