Username: Password:

Author Topic: Can Gunbot be told to prestage a limit order?  (Read 3338 times)

Offline bney

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Can Gunbot be told to prestage a limit order?
« on: January 05, 2021, 10:06:04 PM »
I have seen a number of times when Gunbot has set a buy point and the price touches and then retreats from that price too quickly for Gunbot to notice and send an order. This happens on both buy and sell. This results in missed opportunities as you can see in the image below where the price went through the buy line then took off upwards. This is especially true in an active pair since gunbot only looks every 30 seconds or so

If Gunbot would simply set a limit order at the price that it has set for buy and/or sell then the exchange would take care of executing the actual order. Orders are easily cancelled prior to execution so I cannot see any technical reason to not do this. Its much sloppier to be sending in market orders as slippage will occur and orders are processed in fifo order so a market order is going to sit at the back of the line behind limit orders increasing slippage

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
Re: Can Gunbot be told to prestage a limit order?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 12:50:47 AM »
I have seen a number of times when Gunbot has set a buy point and the price touches and then retreats from that price too quickly for Gunbot to notice and send an order. This happens on both buy and sell. This results in missed opportunities as you can see in the image below where the price went through the buy line then took off upwards. This is especially true in an active pair since gunbot only looks every 30 seconds or so

If Gunbot would simply set a limit order at the price that it has set for buy and/or sell then the exchange would take care of executing the actual order. Orders are easily cancelled prior to execution so I cannot see any technical reason to not do this. Its much sloppier to be sending in market orders as slippage will occur and orders are processed in fifo order so a market order is going to sit at the back of the line behind limit orders increasing slippage

What Gunbot does in spot trading is to place a limit order when conditions are met. As you said, if the price turns back very fast, maybe it can't take it.

Offline johnmarkos

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Can Gunbot be told to prestage a limit order?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2023, 10:12:54 AM »
Yes, Gunbot can be configured to prestage a limit order using its "TradingView" or "Manual" trading strategies.

In the "TradingView" strategy, you can create an alert on the TradingView platform that triggers a buy or sell order on Gunbot. When you create the alert, you can specify the price and type of order (limit or market) that you want Gunbot to use. This allows you to prestage a limit order at a specific price, so that if the market reaches that price, the order will be executed automatically.