Username: Password:

Author Topic: Generator-Gunbot - Setup GUNBOT v3.3.2 in less than 5 minutes (linux)  (Read 113719 times)

Offline beer-k0in

• Contributor
  • Beer beer beer
    • View Profile
Re: Generator-Gunbot - Setup GUNBOT v3.3.2 in less than 5 minutes (linux)
« Reply #140 on: July 05, 2017, 12:20:43 AM »
I have another question. Is it possible to edit the configs of all pairs at once. When I use 'ginit' I can edit all pairs, but I can't edit settings of 'POLONIEX_VWA_1_INTERVAL' / 'POLONIEX_VWA_2_INTERVAL' or 'MAX_LATEST_PRICES' (for example).

This generator should help new users to get the Gunbot up and running in notime. The target group are new users, so the generator has only a few options to not overwhelm one.

To enhance it and include all existing options I would have to invest more time into the generator, but I don't have any spare time right now to "give for free". I would have to stop/delay other payed projects to be able to work on the generator - and that means I'd also need to charge for it. And I don't think there are a lot people willing to pay, so all I can say: Maybe later sometime, maybe not.

You can always edit the config files manually.

If we edit ALLPAIRS or the coin configs is the hot config load working from the gunbot directory?

It is. No matter how you change the files. The Gunbot watches them and recognizes if a file was saved.

Also I noticed after ginit or gadd the DEFAULT_CURRENCY_PAIRY is BTC_ETH that doesn't seem correct does it?

This is ignored as far as I know. I run a lot of pairs and all of them have that setting.

BK
Gunbot Monitor
Support gmon and send a tip: BTC wallet: 1GJCGZPn6okFefrRjPPWU73XgMrctSW1jT

Offline freelunch

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 05, 2017, 03:00:30 AM »
Thanks for your response. Your tutorial and generator helped me a lot and I will continue using it.

I would maybe pay for more features if this becomes concrete, but as you say, probably there aren't enough people to pay for the time it would consume.

Anyway, I appreciate using your script and also the more important function for me, start/stop all pairs, is working now. Thanks again.

Offline krixt

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 05, 2017, 11:12:48 PM »
Would be great if this didn't require all this /root/ access. Could you possibly update this so it can work in $HOME?

Offline beer-k0in

• Contributor
  • Beer beer beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 06, 2017, 12:02:41 AM »
Would be great if this didn't require all this /root/ access. Could you possibly update this so it can work in $HOME?

There is no update planed in the near future.

But you can copy and modify the install script to fit your needs.
"ginit" is just an alias for "cd /opt/gunbot && yo gunbot init". So if you install Gunbot as a non root user into $HOME, you can just go to that Gunbot folder and run "yo gunbot init" and use the generator to create your files and start the bot.

BK
Gunbot Monitor

Offline xgast

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 06, 2017, 12:56:05 AM »
I'm sorry if I posting to unrelated thread, please help me understand Bollinger Band strategy on GunBot v3.3.2..., after bot buy coin when the price goes x% above the lowest BB (or better price) and then price go even extremly lower suddently why bot not buy more coin even there are still much more Bitcoin available...

thanks for your explaination..

Offline Capt_Crunchy_Nut

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2017, 09:33:46 AM »
No idea what is going on here. I installed everything without any errors, added my first pair but when it's done nothing actually starts. I run 'gl' and the table shows up but it's empty. Neither of the 'known errors' as described in the first post appear to be an issue. Running 'pgrep -f BTC_XXX' returns no process ID.

When I run gstart on the pair I get the following error:

The BTC_ETC config file is in /opt/gunbot/ and there is no /opt/GUNBOT_v3.3.2_Poloniex_Bittrex_Patch/ directory.

What have I buggered up?

EDIT: Oh and when I tried to log out of root user I got a message that said "Script done, file is not" and it wouldn't let me quit....
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 09:35:51 AM by Capt_Crunchy_Nut »

Offline beer-k0in

• Contributor
  • Beer beer beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2017, 11:01:35 AM »
What have I buggered up?

Can you provide me the output of this command:

Code: [Select]
echo "-#- release -#-" && cat /etc/*release && echo "-#- nodejs -#-" && node -v && echo "-#- modules -#-" && npm -g ls generator-gunbot pm2 && echo "-#- aliases -#-" && cat ~/.bashrc | grep ginit && echo "-#- gunbot -#-" && ls -lah /opt/gunbot/ | grep gunthy

BK
Gunbot Monitor

Offline Capt_Crunchy_Nut

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2017, 01:47:26 PM »
It didn't occur to me earlier but I'm hardly using a typical *nix install for trying this on. I'm testing this on a Raspberry Pi 2 I have that is running 24/7 as a home theater PC. The OS is OSMC which is Debian based. I figured there'd be no harm so long as the install process ran without issue. I also had node v8.1.3 already installed from some past mucking around; maybe I need to downgrade that? Anyway, the output of the requested command is below:

-#- release -#-
PRETTY_NAME="Open Source Media Center"
NAME="OSMC"
VERSION="February 2017"
VERSION_ID="2017.02-2"
ID=osmc
ID_LIKE=debian

ANSI_COLOR="1;31"
HOME_URL="http://www.osmc.tv"
SUPPORT_URL="http://www.osmc.tv"
BUG_REPORT_URL="http://www.osmc.tv"
-#- nodejs -#-
v8.1.3
-#- modules -#-
/usr/lib
+-- generator-gunbot@0.1.22
`-- pm2@2.5.0

-#- aliases -#-
alias ginit='gcd && yo gunbot init'
-#- gunbot -#-
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  45M Jul 10 18:15 gunthy-linuxx64
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  43M Jul 10 18:15 gunthy-linuxx86
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  45M Jul 10 18:15 gunthy-macos
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  29M Jul 10 18:15 gunthy-x86.exe
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 01:49:21 PM by Capt_Crunchy_Nut »

Offline beer-k0in

• Contributor
  • Beer beer beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2017, 02:13:36 PM »
I'm testing this on a Raspberry Pi 2 I have that is running 24/7 as a home theater PC. The OS is OSMC which is Debian based.

I'm sorry, this generator does not support systems with ARM cpus. You need a special executable to run Gunbot on a PI (gunthy-armv6 or gunthy-armv7) but they are not supported by the generator.

BK
Gunbot Monitor

Offline Capt_Crunchy_Nut

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2017, 09:14:03 PM »
I'm testing this on a Raspberry Pi 2 I have that is running 24/7 as a home theater PC. The OS is OSMC which is Debian based.

I'm sorry, this generator does not support systems with ARM cpus. You need a special executable to run Gunbot on a PI (gunthy-armv6 or gunthy-armv7) but they are not supported by the generator.

BK

All good :)

Offline AlexXx

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 11, 2017, 11:34:49 AM »
I will tip you  ;) very helpful ...

Just a quick question, (nOOb question) , i have AWS Vps, what does happens if i shutdown my PC?  I've done all from Putty, what happens if i close putty and i shut down my pc ?
How can i make this bot still work in every moments without my computer working?

Offline beer-k0in

• Contributor
  • Beer beer beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 11, 2017, 01:42:31 PM »
i have AWS Vps, what does happens if i shutdown my PC?  I've done all from Putty, what happens if i close putty and i shut down my pc ?
How can i make this bot still work in every moments without my computer working?

Don't worry. When you close putty, you are just closing your connection to the VPS.
Think of it like this: The VPS is your PC, Putty is your monitor. Turning off just the monitor will not influence the PC - it will continue to run.

BK
Gunbot Monitor

Offline xgast

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 12, 2017, 09:39:57 AM »
Thanks for this great Gunbot Generator... can you please also support ETH market on bittrex.. thank you so much if you implement this..

Offline beer-k0in

• Contributor
  • Beer beer beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 12, 2017, 02:54:14 PM »
Thanks for this great Gunbot Generator... can you please also support ETH market on bittrex.. thank you so much if you implement this..

Not planned in the near future, sorry. Maybe with the next Gunbot version.

BK
Gunbot Monitor

Offline kin0

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2017, 07:20:55 PM »
I keep getting the nasty error where the root user unattaches and i'm trying to use the gunbot proxy as I had a lot of issues with 422s.  Is there any way to secure the root user in a better way to try to prevent that?

Also is there any way you can add a helpful section to your initial post about installing gproxy (https://github.com/taniman/gunbotproxycommunity) as it really helps when you are running multiple pairs.  Currently i'm at a point where I have the bot working on it's own and the proxy working but then at some point the whole setup crashes and I have to restart leading to errors.  Any idea why?

Offline beer-k0in

• Contributor
  • Beer beer beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 13, 2017, 09:33:22 AM »
I keep getting the nasty error where the root user unattaches and i'm trying to use the gunbot proxy as I had a lot of issues with 422s.  Is there any way to secure the root user in a better way to try to prevent that?

Also is there any way you can add a helpful section to your initial post about installing gproxy (https://github.com/taniman/gunbotproxycommunity) as it really helps when you are running multiple pairs.  Currently i'm at a point where I have the bot working on it's own and the proxy working but then at some point the whole setup crashes and I have to restart leading to errors.  Any idea why?

Sorry, I've never tried the community proxy and can not give helpful information about setting it up in combination of the generator.

BK
Gunbot Monitor

Offline KUMOC

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2017, 06:52:21 PM »
I need to reset my Ubuntu VPS. Now GB of all pairs not autorun, I need to run each by copy&paste:
pm2 start ./gunthy-linuxx64 --name BTC_XXX -- BTC_XXX poloniex
I have 20 pairs to run them again. Is there any command to run all pairs at once?

Thanks

Offline Diesel

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 15, 2017, 11:07:52 PM »

I run GMON and this, and set up the proxy no problems: https://gunthy.org/index.php?topic=570.msg3080#msg3080

Offline beer-k0in

• Contributor
  • Beer beer beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 17, 2017, 08:40:32 AM »
I need to reset my Ubuntu VPS. Now GB of all pairs not autorun, I need to run each by copy&paste:
pm2 start ./gunthy-linuxx64 --name BTC_XXX -- BTC_XXX poloniex
I have 20 pairs to run them again. Is there any command to run all pairs at once?

You can run 'ginit' again.

BK
Gunbot Monitor

Offline cw

• Rookie
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot University
« Reply #159 on: July 17, 2017, 04:50:50 PM »
UPDATE:  NOTE: some people reported that the following does not work for them, and I re-tested it on another one of my boxes and it did not work on my 2nd box.  So, I'm not sure why it worked on one box and not another.  Please take that into account.

One tip is - the community proxy instructions say to edit the ALLPAIRS to add the snippet for the TLS environment variable at the bottom of the file there:

process.env.NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED = "0";

However, ginit may overwrite that file, because generator-gunbot doesn't know what changes you're making to the file.  And you may use other tools in the future that aren't aware of the modifications you're making.

So, all you need is an environment variable.

You can add "export NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED=0" to your shell startup scripts (~/.bashrc for most people if linux), exit all your bash shells and screen sessions once, and then start them over and it will all work fine from then on.

echo "export NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED=0" >> ~/.bashrc

This adds that variable to your environment, so that when node runs, it knows to be ok with the man-in-the-middle TLS attack that the proxy does in order to intercept the SSL connection between gunbot and poloniex.

Now you don't have to edit the ALLPAIRS file and generator-gunbot can happily change it and not break your proxy.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 09:17:50 PM by cw »

Cointracking affiliate link (10% discount for you) https://cointracking.info?ref=C937652