Username: Password:

Author Topic: Generator-Gunbot - Setup GUNBOT v3.3.2 in less than 5 minutes (linux)  (Read 113763 times)

Offline miner437

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Generator-Gunbot - Setup GUNBOT v3.3 in less than 5 minutes (linux)
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2017, 07:55:49 AM »
Hi, im new to this and my first post, hows everybody trading???

Here's my experience on this set-up and how do i sort-out.

1. Mostly i encounter ERROR starting a certain pairs if you spam "ginit" alot and there will be problem to source of pair (xxx.js) file or something. What i do i just re-issue again the "curl -qsL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/BeerK0in/generator-gunbot/master/install.sh | bash -- && exec bash" command to somehow update or possible fix this and it works on me.
2. Don't stop your bot just spam "gadd" alot to add your coin and the process is straight forward pressing enter keys.
3. Im using Debian_64 both on my test rig and my final setup on my VPS, however if you run this generator on Debian console no-GUI its to pain to make the text in full screen. I've search whole internet for this "via grub, stty, tty, blah blah blah...it wont work, it will end half of your screen not full screen. After you enter "gmon" some columns of text are compressing each other unlike "pm2 monit". If your using a terminal in a GUI well its fine after next refresh of "gmon" will fit whole text. If someone fix this please let me know.

Offline beer-k0in

• Contributor
  • Beer beer beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2017, 08:14:39 PM »
1. Mostly i encounter ERROR starting a certain pairs if you spam "ginit" alot and there will be problem to source of pair (xxx.js) file or something.

Why would you "spam ginit"?

3. Im using Debian_64 both on my test rig and my final setup on my VPS, however if you run this generator on Debian console no-GUI its to pain to make the text in full screen.

What version of debian do you use?
Code: [Select]
cat /etc/*-release
What is your local OS and how (what program) do you connect to your VPS?

Can you add screenshots of all of the errors / the error output please?

BK
Gunbot Monitor
Support gmon and send a tip: BTC wallet: 1GJCGZPn6okFefrRjPPWU73XgMrctSW1jT

Offline miner437

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2017, 04:11:03 AM »
The error i mention is the ERROR pair starting BTC_XXX, i thought i fix it with ginit but after i start same error. I think its my fault at first cause i add pairs with ginit not gadd after adding first sequence of pairs.

Im using Debian 8.8 stable-core(no-GUI)and Debian 9-testing(GUI) on my local computer. (I have no screenshot because i tested this distros reformatted thinking debian is causing this.)

Im using SSH to connect my VPS both the distros on my computer.

Im using juicessh to connect VPS on my android mobile and a lovely bluetooth keyboard   ;)

Thanks on your wonderful generator, it saves a lot of time to run it from scratch  8)

Offline misc

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2017, 07:16:59 PM »
Is an update to the newest release 3.3.2 possible ? How?

Offline _cRw_

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2017, 11:02:12 PM »
Great script beer-k0in. Very easy to make it work ;)

I have one question: what if I want to use different API keys for different pairs?

Thanks

Offline technine

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2017, 07:15:28 AM »
I used the generator on a Vutlr VPS and it worked awesome. I have since upgraded to a VPSdime server for more RAM but am having issues with the generator.  I am starting with a complete fresh install of 16.04 Ubuntu 64 bit and when I run the script it stays stuck on the first step no matter how long I wait. I terminated the script and ran it again and it goes straight to install complete but ginit will not run. I get an error that the Gunbot Directory does not exist. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline miner437

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2017, 07:36:15 AM »
check /opt if gunbot files are there, you must run as root to install files there via beer-k0in bash scripts.

Offline miner437

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2017, 07:41:24 AM »
Sometimes its to long to load SSH from my local debian to access my VPS (OVH-8gb), however i find mobile is more faster to run; for android JuiceSSH and for ios vSSH. Even you at work can monitor it and check hows our bot doing  ;)

Offline beer-k0in

• Contributor
  • Beer beer beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2017, 07:47:34 AM »

There will be an update to this script in 12h to 24h.

I have one question: what if I want to use different API keys for different pairs?

Not possible in this version. I'm working on something new. Right now there is no way to do it with this generator.

I terminated the script and ran it again and it goes straight to install complete but ginit will not run. I get an error that the Gunbot Directory does not exist.

Like miner437 said: Be sure to run this as root.

BK
Gunbot Monitor

Offline misc

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2017, 09:01:31 AM »

There will be an update to this script in 12h to 24h.

I already patched it on my own, hope BK will be ok if i post it here ?

If somebody needs the update to 3.3.2 just run it, as BK states in this thread, but you need to change the url like this :
curl -qsL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/misc2012-DE/generator-gunbot/misc2012-DE-patch-1/update.sh | bash --

Mike
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:44:59 AM by misc »

Offline _cRw_

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2017, 09:55:52 AM »
Quote from: _cRw_ on June 05, 2017, 11:02:12 PM

Not possible in this version. I'm working on something new. Right now there is no way to do it with this generator.

Not even by using 2 different directories? One for each API?

Offline misc

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2017, 10:22:31 AM »

AFAIK you need to edit the config files, just add the different API in every config for that specific coin. I guess, in this case, the API in the allpair file needs to be removed.

Offline beer-k0in

• Contributor
  • Beer beer beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2017, 11:10:17 AM »
Update for version 3.3.2

To update follow these steps:

1. Login to your server.
2. Run this update script
cd
curl -qsL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/BeerK0in/generator-gunbot/master/update.sh | bash --
3. Start all bots with delay
gcd
ginit
4. Press ENTER for every question (it will use your last settings)
5. [optional] Press ENTER on the conflict of ALLPAIRS if you did no manual changes (*)
6. Wait till all bots are started.
7. [optional] If you have changed some configs manually, please copy them from the backup folder back into the gunbot folder:
cp /opt/gunbot-backup-<NUMBER>/poloniex-BTC_XXX-config.js /opt/gunbot/8. Control with 'gl' or 'gmon' if all bots are running. If not, enter 'gstart BTC_XXX' to start the stopped bot

(*) The conflict could happen if you have an older version of the generator and the default settings have changed a bit. In that case it is very likely you see this question. Just press ENTER if you did no manual changes to ALLPAIRS:

conflict ALLPAIRS-params.js
? Overwrite ALLPAIRS-params.js? (Ynaxdh)

But if you modified it by your own, press 'n' to keep your old config. No worry, the old config is backuped in /opt/gunbot-backup-<NUMBER>/ALLPAIRS-params.js anyways. 8)

BK
Gunbot Monitor

Offline beer-k0in

• Contributor
  • Beer beer beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2017, 11:21:18 AM »

AFAIK you need to edit the config files, just add the different API in every config for that specific coin. I guess, in this case, the API in the allpair file needs to be removed.

This generator does not support different API key nor different folders. It is bound to the folder /opt/gunbot/
Of course you can create another folder and edit the config files manually or (in one directory) get rid of the API key in ALLPAIRS and add it to the pair configs.
But your scenario is beyond the purpose of this version of the generator. It will only get you started in no time with basic settings - nothing more.

But there is a v2 in the works.

BK
Gunbot Monitor

Offline misc

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Generator-Gunbot - Setup GUNBOT v3.3.2 in less than 5 minutes (linux)
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2017, 01:38:07 PM »
How about Bittrex, will it work with Bittrex as well ? (This or next version)

Offline beer-k0in

• Contributor
  • Beer beer beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2017, 01:57:57 PM »
How about Bittrex, will it work with Bittrex as well ? (This or next version)

For the current version all infos from the first post are still valid:

Installer:
1. The installer only works on Debian / Ubuntu
2. You need to be root user
3. I recommend a fresh virtual server

Generator:
1. Only supports Poloniex
2. Only supports trade pairs BTC to XXX
3. You can only change a few settings of the trade pair config
4. The other settings are predefined and very likely not perfect - but a good start

Version 2.x will be able to handle all markets.

BK
Gunbot Monitor

Offline technine

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2017, 07:44:29 PM »

I terminated the script and ran it again and it goes straight to install complete but ginit will not run. I get an error that the Gunbot Directory does not exist.

Like miner437 said: Be sure to run this as root.

BK

I'm definitely running as root unless my VPS host has given me some kind of pseudo root account that doesn't have full privileges.

Offline beer-k0in

• Contributor
  • Beer beer beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2017, 07:57:36 PM »
I'm definitely running as root unless my VPS host has given me some kind of pseudo root account that doesn't have full privileges.

Than please run this and check for errors. It is the same as the other command, but with a lot of output about what is happening.
curl -qsL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/BeerK0in/generator-gunbot/master/install-loud.sh | bash -- && exec bash
BK
Gunbot Monitor

Offline technine

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2017, 12:48:43 AM »
Thanks for the verbose link. It looks like it's an issue with my VPS host. The base system update is getting stuck at configuring libc6 as the Kernel is older than 3.2 and apparently its using the kernel on the server hosting the container not the kernel in the OS.

I just set everything up manually and it works now but for anyone looking to use this script to get everything set up done use vpsdime for your host...

Offline bobbydigital

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2017, 01:50:48 AM »

Than please run this and check for errors. It is the same as the other command, but with a lot of output about what is happening.
curl -qsL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/BeerK0in/generator-gunbot/master/install-loud.sh | bash -- && exec bash
BK
I was having trouble getting this to start on an OVH vps (Ubuntu 16) until I ran the above command. gstart kept giving errors.

As someone completely new to GB, does this have the 1000trades and Russian Roulette I keep reading about? Or is that called something else when using gadd?