Username: Password:

Author Topic: How does Gunbot react on external interference?  (Read 11722 times)

Offline ctradingbot1

• Rookie
    • View Profile
How does Gunbot react on external interference?
« on: August 24, 2017, 09:14:22 PM »
Hi,

I wondered if there are any securities built into the Gunbot to deal with internet cutoff or temporary time-out from exchange API?
I mean... I have a computer running 24/7, but sometimes I'm suffering from internet shutdowns and then I have to manually reboot my router (I'm still figuring out how to solve this). Other scenario i'm thinking of is exchange going down for short period (30 minutes for example).

I'm considering buying a gunbot, but I was wondering how these shutdowns will affect the trading bot.
Will all the buy/sell orders been removed? Or will existing buy/sell orders still remain in such a case?

Thanks for your insights.

Regards,
Sven

Offline cryptosticks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: How does Gunbot react on external interference?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 12:56:45 AM »
If the buy-sell order has been transmitted to the exchange it will remain.  If the Gunbot was watching the price (but hadn't executed a buy-sell order yet) then you'd have a problem.   i.e. You could buy in to a certain pair (let's say BTC-NEO) and, if you lost connection, you'd be unable to get out (sell).

Long story short:  the bot can't trade automatically if it can't see the market.  I suggest you get a VPS.  I'm using Vultr.  Have Windows 7 running 4 cpu system with 4 GB RAM.  The extra CPUs and RAM make the Gunbot sing.