Username: Password:

Author Topic: Enable buy for DCA, but disable buying new coins  (Read 3824 times)

Offline Spythe

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Enable buy for DCA, but disable buying new coins
« on: July 11, 2021, 02:22:39 PM »
Ever since all markets crashed 40-70%, Gunbot hasn't been doing anything anymore. I've got bags and my wallet doesn't have any change to buy more to DCA. I don't mind putting in a few fiat to allow some DCA. But I don't want Gunbot to buy 'new' coins, only DCA.

Is there a simple way to allow DCA-buying, but disallow buying new coins for which are configured, but you don't have any bags yet?

Offline sbogovac

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Enable buy for DCA, but disable buying new coins
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 07:59:55 AM »
Ever since all markets crashed 40-70%, Gunbot hasn't been doing anything anymore. I've got bags and my wallet doesn't have any change to buy more to DCA. I don't mind putting in a few fiat to allow some DCA. But I don't want Gunbot to buy 'new' coins, only DCA.

Is there a simple way to allow DCA-buying, but disallow buying new coins for which are configured, but you don't have any bags yet?

Remove/disable those coins first (before adding funds)...?

Offline Spythe

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 09:10:15 PM »
That's not a solution. The problem is that when a bag DCA's into a break-even sell, it frees up funds and, depending on the market, it might buy the coin again.

Say for example I got a bag of ETH right now. I add funds, it DCA's, the marketprice rises, Gunbot decides it's time to sell, now I've got even more funds. Now the rest of the market does nothing, so my ADA, DOT and LINK don't DCA. ETH follows by dropping 3% and Gunbot decides to buy. Gone are my funds to DCA and clear bags on other alts.

I want to allow DCA, but don't want to allow filling empty bags. As Gunbot is, should be, automated software, I feel it's incorrect to be required to check every few hours if it sold a bag.

Offline sbogovac

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 07:24:57 AM »
That's not a solution. The problem is that when a bag DCA's into a break-even sell, it frees up funds and, depending on the market, it might buy the coin again.

Say for example I got a bag of ETH right now. I add funds, it DCA's, the marketprice rises, Gunbot decides it's time to sell, now I've got even more funds. Now the rest of the market does nothing, so my ADA, DOT and LINK don't DCA. ETH follows by dropping 3% and Gunbot decides to buy. Gone are my funds to DCA and clear bags on other alts.

I want to allow DCA, but don't want to allow filling empty bags. As Gunbot is, should be, automated software, I feel it's incorrect to be required to check every few hours if it sold a bag.

Yes, and then you re-enable them...?

Gunbot is an automator, not AI... it's not like when you install MS Word your PC starts writing bestsellers for you, is it?

If you want, you can write your own AutoConfig to do the dis-/enabling for you: https://wiki.gunthy.org/how-to-work-with-gunbot/extras/autoconfig

Automated config changes for Gunbot. Enables you to automatically add or remove trading pairs, or change pair overrides - using filter criteria you define.