Username: Password:

Author Topic: Kraken USD Pairs  (Read 8897 times)

Offline TwoScoops

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Kraken USD Pairs
« on: December 28, 2017, 03:24:51 AM »
I'm doing my first setup and can't get USD or USDT pairs working with kraken. BTC-ETH works but BTC-USD brings up invalid symbol on the tradingview chart. I've searched and can't find any info and have tried every possible combination for the USD pairs. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Kraken USD Pairs
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 06:54:50 AM »
on version 702 the primary is first, and you must use universal notation, not kraken's.
so: USD-DASH, USD-LTC, (USD-BTC in the case trading against fiat, BTC can not be the primary). krak has several primaries (all the fiats and BTC and ETH).

Offline TwoScoops

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 02:17:28 PM »
thanks for the response but I still continue to have the issue with USD pairs. It is only with cash pairs.

USDT-BTC - invalid symbol
USD-BTC - invalid symbol
USDT-ETH - invalid symbol
USD-ETH - invalid symbol
USD-LTC - invalid symbol

EOS-ETH - Working
DASH-BTC - Working
BTC-ETH - Working

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 11:19:38 AM »
I find it hard to believe the bottom 2 are working, as the gunbot v.702 notation for setting up would be the opposite:
first primary, then alt
ETH-EOS
BTC-DASH
BTC-ETH you may not trade the pair BTC-ETH, if you have both set as primary coins!

wiki says:

Pairs

In the pairs sections you can configure which pairs to use, on which exchange and which strategy should be used, optional overrides are possible. You need to remove any example pairs in the config.js file that you are not planning to use. Pairs need to be written in CAPS.

The set market coin is the one you want to accumulate. You use the base coin to buy another asset, and sell it back for profit in the base currency. Gunbot will always sell all assets when selling, and will buy according to your set trading limit.

Gunbot normalizes pair notation, so all pairs for all exchanges follow the same logic:

BASECOIN-MARKETCOIN

All pairs with BTC as base currency are written like:

BTC-ETH, BTC-OK, BTC-XLM

All pairs with USDT as base currency are written like:

USDT-BTC, USDT-ETH, USDT-XMR

For a few coins on Bitfinex, the API display name is required. These are:

IOTA = IOT

DASH = DSH

QTUM = QTM

DATA = DAT

QASH = QSH

Warning: Never trade on different pairs that cross-over on the same exchange account. You should not trade BTC_ETH and ETH_LTC in the same account, or any other two pairs where one coin is present in both pairs. This is not a Gunbot limitation, but an exchange wallet limitation.

The issue is you only have one wallet for each coin in your exchange account. That results in a funds battle if you run pairs that cross each other. So for example, BTC-ETH and ETH-XMR are crossed. BTC-ETH will sell all your ETH, and leave ETH-XMR unfunded.

Offline TwoScoops

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 10:10:45 PM »
This issue is with kraken only. I'm able to trade USD-ETH on finex without issue. All USD pairs on kraken bring up invalid symbol. I'm giving up trying to use the bot on kraken.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 09:51:31 AM »
I still use it on krak, on both EUR and BTC pairs. The thing most annoying with krak for me, is their crappy servers. They are promising to fix this for a while, and nothing much  happened. also I run v.602 on krak, where you need to match the kraken pair notation in setup (- while on 702 there is a universal notation, which may not work as promised). this works, (but only when their severs are not crapping out).

Offline jayshay

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 02:39:48 AM »
I just bought Gunbot ONLY to trade with Kraken because they have USD pairs.  I see (and based on my testing) that this is STILL broken.  Who do we contact to get this fixed?  Is there anyway to just add the pairs to the code for now? 

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 06:51:39 AM »
version 602 works fine for fiat.