Username: Password:

Author Topic: Gunbot not buying on Bittrex  (Read 6653 times)

Offline bigchief

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Gunbot not buying on Bittrex
« on: February 14, 2018, 08:15:57 AM »
Hi there from Germany, I'm new to gunbot and have a few issues/questions:

The bot is not trading. I'm using the Gunthy GUI and only use Bittrex for trading. I created 3 pairs to trade, BTC-LTC, BTC-XLM and BTC-NEO, all of them use the emotionless strategy. All I edited in the settings is the TRADING_LIMIT, everything else i left as it is. Is this correct? I have 0.4 BTC on Bittrex and set the TRADING_LIMIT to 0.4
I left the computer for almost a day and there were no trades made. Can you help me out here?

Another question, relevant to the first: How can I set the specific amount of BTC the bot is allowed to trade for each pair? I can only use TRADING_LIMIT to set the max. amount of BTC used for a trade, right? But since all my three pairs use emotionless, they all have the same trade limit of 0.4? Isnt there a way to specify the BTC amount for each individual pair? 

Thanks for your help guys!

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Gunbot not buying on Bittrex
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 09:29:09 AM »
Hi there from Germany, I'm new to gunbot and have a few issues/questions:

The bot is not trading. I'm using the Gunthy GUI and only use Bittrex for trading. I created 3 pairs to trade, BTC-LTC, BTC-XLM and BTC-NEO, all of them use the emotionless strategy. All I edited in the settings is the TRADING_LIMIT, everything else i left as it is. Is this correct? I have 0.4 BTC on Bittrex and set the TRADING_LIMIT to 0.4
I left the computer for almost a day and there were no trades made. Can you help me out here?

Have you looked at the charts at all? There is no way the bot in emotionless will buy in this market any NEO, Lumen or litecoin .... that's why it's called emotionless. The last time my bot sold any LTC was feb10, not bought since. NEO, doesn't even show the last buy (I remember somewhere in the first week of feb) and lumen also. This is not even in emontionless, and without any of the safenets, like RSI. So, choose tradeable pairs and you might gret a trade on emotionless. But I fear the bot is telling you something, that this is not bot trading times. You just don't want to listen.

Another question, relevant to the first: How can I set the specific amount of BTC the bot is allowed to trade for each pair? I can only use TRADING_LIMIT to set the max. amount of BTC used for a trade, right? But since all my three pairs use emotionless, they all have the same trade limit of 0.4? Isnt there a way to specify the BTC amount for each individual pair?
There is. With override. Look it up in the wiki how to use it. You can override every settable parameter for each pair specifically.