Username: Password:

Author Topic: Single_Buy question  (Read 5905 times)

Offline Charunks

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Single_Buy question
« on: February 26, 2020, 11:16:31 AM »
Hello guys,

In the latest retracement of the crypto market I used a macd-strategy trying to capture coins at a more favourable price. In order to reduce risk, I want te bot to only purchase a pair once, and then sit it out, either using the strategy to sell the coin with a profit or let it trigger the stoploss. Therefore I have set "Single_Buy" to true for all my strategies in the config file.

I have noticed however that the Bot keeps buying a pair that it allready got into position with. Therefore the bot spends to much funds on this one pair that is generating multiple buying signals over the course of half a day. Adding a override "single_Buy = true" did not resolve the issue,

Do I misunderstand what the option Single_Buy does? How do I prevent the bot from gettin into multiple positions over time?

Thank you for the responses in advance,

Regards.

Update: trading limit is 2.5 times the value of MVTB

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
Re: Single_Buy question
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 03:16:36 PM »
Hi, what version are you running? I have seen a report of this bug on 12th February. It seems it still needs to be fixed in latest version.
We post latest stable versions here:

https://gunbot.shop/category/downloads/

Offline Charunks

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 08:32:52 AM »
Hello Aitor,

I was running the 16.1 version. I tried the 16.9, the but had many rate limit issues and after a while froze, so I quickly switched back to the 16.1.

After having read your post I've returned to 16.9. It appears it is currently running without rate limitation issues (5 mins so far). I will monitor if the bot keeps functioning, and after that monitor if the issue with the multiple positions is still present in the 16.9 version.

regards.

Offline Charunks

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 08:47:43 AM »
Update: I keep experiencing the rate limit issues with the v16.9. The botprogram is complaining about coinbase pro rate limits.

I run some 10-15 pairs per exchange; When this occurs it seems to only run 1/3rd of the pairs on all exchanges based on the active pairs section in the dashboard, and the remaining 2/3rd remain 'blank'.

I occasionally have rate limits with coinbase pro on the v16.1, however the bot seems to continue to work (no blanks in active pairs).

rate limits on CB pro are set to 26, with only running 8 pairs.

any suggestion?

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 02:26:30 PM »
Hi, you need to increase the delay until the message stops appearing. First of all, stop the bot for 30 minutes, then try increasing the delay, repeat this process until you don't get that message.

Offline Charunks

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 11:04:39 AM »
Aitor,

Thnx! Ive increased the delay time and removed pairs from the bot untill there were no more rate limit issues. After a while the bot stops dead in its tracks. the CMD of the bot just freezes, e.g. it does not print new activities on pairs. the interface does not refresh its data.

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 02:19:30 PM »
So, you have pairs added, the bot was running fine, and suddenly, that happened, right? How long was the bot running successfully until you got that error?

Offline Charunks

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 06:09:08 AM »
Aitor!

I estimate between 15-30 minutes.

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2020, 10:58:37 PM »
Does it happen from time to time? It sounds like a temporary connection problem. I would just restart the computer and try again. Latest version is very stable.

Offline Charunks

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2020, 08:47:52 AM »
Hello Aitor,

Does the newer version work differently from the v16 version regarding connection stability? I have many instability issues between my ISP modem/router and windows operated machines. My ISP handles it as a 'working as intended', so I do not expect a fix for it, unless I can get a fibre optics connection (not available) or invest in a dongle.

If the 16.9 handles the connection differently that that could be the case. If it handles the connection similarly, then I think the cause lies in another part.

Could you fill me in on this? Thanks again!

regards

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2020, 09:16:53 PM »
Hi, now you can download latest v18 version with fixed several issues. Try it, most likely it will help with stability:

https://gunbot.shop/gunbot-v18-3-9-download/

On the other hand, if the problem is mainly connection stability / speed, your best bet would be to run the bot on a VPS. It's cheap and you will get the best stability and performance. You can get more info about VPS checking the points 10 and 11:

https://gunbot.shop/faq/
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 06:00:11 PM by Aitor »

Offline Charunks

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2020, 06:33:23 AM »
Aitor, once again thank you for your help!

Offline Charunks

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2020, 07:19:53 AM »
Aitor,

I have tried the v18.3. I have the same issue within 10 minutes as with the v16.9. Running v16.1 once again.

Currently I am testing a different internetconnection to see if it is more stable. Note however that at times the connection plays up, it also recovers. If this is the reason, the v16.1 manages it better than the newer versions.

Offline Charunks

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2020, 12:56:50 PM »
Update;

I have recuded all double pairs I ran on different exchanges, bringing the number of pairs back to 6-8 per exchange, 35 in total. the bot has ran stable on v18 for over 24 hours now.

Offline Charunks

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2020, 06:28:52 AM »
Update:

after having used the v18.3, I can conclude that IF it gets beyond the first 15 minutes it runs stable. however, it often stops dead in its tracks. then you have to restart the bot, try again. it freezes, you have to stop the bot, try again. I have to work besides trying to get the bot running , so this is less than ideal.

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2020, 09:54:16 PM »
Update:

after having used the v18.3, I can conclude that IF it gets beyond the first 15 minutes it runs stable. however, it often stops dead in its tracks. then you have to restart the bot, try again. it freezes, you have to stop the bot, try again. I have to work besides trying to get the bot running , so this is less than ideal.

What are your system specs?

Offline Charunks

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2020, 08:08:00 AM »
Aitor,

Ive changed the infrastructure and I am now utilising a monitoring program to keep a pulse on my internet connection setup. Since the change, v18 runs stable. There has to be a change in the way that the versions after 16.3 handle the network. I hope this solution lasts.