Username: Password:

Author Topic: Simple BB explanation needed  (Read 16513 times)

Offline TvZ

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Simple BB explanation needed
« on: April 26, 2017, 08:04:57 PM »
Hi all,

In my config files there's LOW_BB & HIGH_BB and i'm using the default 5% for both.

Does 5% means it will buy/sell between the BB lines with a 5% distance from the lines?
Does it means it needs 5% outside the lines before buy/sell?
And what is the difference between 5% and for example 25%?

Below i added a screenshot with the 2 BB lines in it, if someone could add some dots into
it as an example or using the prices on the right as example, i would be very grateful.

(i did some searches but couldn't find a clear answer)

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Simple BB explanation needed
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 08:39:42 PM »
Does 5% means it will buy/sell between the BB lines with a 5% distance from the lines?

You did it: the easiest explanation ever.

Offline TvZ

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 09:28:32 PM »

You did it: the easiest explanation ever.

Haha ;D

I saw that there were some people that had the same question.
There's a lot of info about BB to find but about this i couldn't find
a clear answer and for a non-expert like me all the technical talk isn't
always clear.
But thanks to the Gunbot Telegram group and this forum i'm learning
a lot.

Thanks  :)

Offline Clannad

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 01:24:55 AM »
Below i added a screenshot with the 2 BB lines in it, if someone could add some dots into
it as an example or using the prices on the right as example, i would be very grateful.

With %LowBB=5 and %HighBB=5, we get this, the green area is where the bot is allowed to buy, which is 5% above lower BB and below, the pink area is where the bot is allowed to sell, which is 5% below upper BB and above

The value of these two parameters are the % of the distance (between the two Bolinger Bands).

Quote from: Wikipedia
In Spring, 2010, John Bollinger introduced three new indicators based on Bollinger Bands. They are BBImpulse, which measures price change as a function of the bands; percent bandwidth (%b), which normalizes the width of the bands over time; and bandwidth delta, which quantifies the changing width of the bands.

%b (pronounced "percent b") is derived from the formula for Stochastics and shows where price is in relation to the bands. %b equals 1 at the upper band and 0 at the lower band.
(Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollinger_Bands)

With Gunbot we just multiply %b by 100, and when talking about %HighBB, we start from 0 at uper BB up to 100 at lower BB

For %LowBB it starts at 0% at the lower BB and grows as we move up to reach 100% at the upper BB
For %HighBB it starts at 0% at the upper BB and grows as we move down to reach 100% at the lower BB

You can even use negative values (if you want to buy below Lower BB or to sell above uper BB

Explanation of the strategy initial idea here: https://gunthy.org/index.php?topic=99.0

Hope this helps

Offline TvZ

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 02:26:15 AM »

@Clannad

Thanks you very much for the graphic explanation, now i fully understand how it works!  :)

Offline freelunch

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 12:39:26 AM »
@Clannad

Thanks you very much for the graphic explanation, now i fully understand how it works!  :)

Offline Kruste

• Rookie
  • be strong to be useful
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 05:43:44 AM »
 :)
Best explanation ever! Should be pinned. Thx @Clannad

Offline krunalbarot

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 08:45:46 PM »

With %LowBB=5 and %HighBB=5, we get this, the green area is where the bot is allowed to buy, which is 5% above lower BB and below, the pink area is where the bot is allowed to sell, which is 5% below upper BB and above

The value of these two parameters are the % of the distance (between the two Bolinger Bands).

Quote from: Wikipedia
In Spring, 2010, John Bollinger introduced three new indicators based on Bollinger Bands. They are BBImpulse, which measures price change as a function of the bands; percent bandwidth (%b), which normalizes the width of the bands over time; and bandwidth delta, which quantifies the changing width of the bands.

%b (pronounced "percent b") is derived from the formula for Stochastics and shows where price is in relation to the bands. %b equals 1 at the upper band and 0 at the lower band.
(Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollinger_Bands)

With Gunbot we just multiply %b by 100, and when talking about %HighBB, we start from 0 at uper BB up to 100 at lower BB

For %LowBB it starts at 0% at the lower BB and grows as we move up to reach 100% at the upper BB
For %HighBB it starts at 0% at the upper BB and grows as we move down to reach 100% at the lower BB

You can even use negative values (if you want to buy below Lower BB or to sell above uper BB

Explanation of the strategy initial idea here: https://gunthy.org/index.php?topic=99.0

Hope this helps

ok so a series of questions and understanding:
1- gb buys when it is near 5% on the lower bb..  yes/no?
2- when does it sell the above bought  ? is some % profit confgured which triggers this ?
3- what happens if the price drops and doesnt come up after the buy from bb ? Is this where the bags are created ?
4- is there any details of other strategies found anywhere ?

thanks

Offline X-online

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2017, 06:08:36 PM »
@Clannad

what application is that please to draw such a chart. I don't think i can find that in coinigy.

Cheers.

Offline dmains

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2017, 12:35:19 AM »
looks like a screenshot from poloniex. they just are using "night mode" color theme