Username: Password:

Author Topic: Profit from the bot?  (Read 19412 times)

Offline sammyd1337

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Profit from the bot?
« on: October 02, 2017, 11:59:14 PM »
Just wanted to see how everyone is tracking with their bot. I have been running for 2 days, and seem to be working out the right pairs etc.

I am currently using 0.02BTC per trade, and on average returning 0.0210BTC. Is that the same for everyone?

That works out to be about $5 AUD a trade

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Profit from the bot?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 05:58:26 AM »
Not even close. I have about 1 or 2% after fees. Doing good man. If you can consistently hold 5% in these markets, you'll soon be rich.

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 11:47:05 AM »
In my opinion, profit % is not a real problem, it works, you can make a profit!

But what counts is both:

* The main currency rate (like BTC), as if BTC falls, you've "lost" in fiat value.

* The bags, eg the pairs you've played with, bought and remain with loosing much value - like 50% for some.
This has a high impact on the total value of your wallets.
And you shouldn't sell them because then it's an heavy loss you're getting.

Heavy loss versus small profits, it can turn bad very quickly.

Offline sammyd1337

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 12:08:33 PM »

But what counts is both:

* The main currency rate (like BTC), as if BTC falls, you've "lost" in fiat value.

* The bags, eg the pairs you've played with, bought and remain with loosing much value - like 50% for some.

I am holding a few bags now due to todays big drops on a few coins. Not ideal, but thats part of crypto. hopefully a few shoot up overnight for me

Offline christye

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 05:46:21 PM »
I lost so much I started from scratch.

I restarted my data from 18/08/2017 with 0.2096393BTC, I now have 0.14200307BTC

My profit is going the wrong way!
BTC: 14JMYDM15XkfyEJHaY7KmuU6yooxXrSWHJ
ETH: 0xf577a29C77223B619c7dA42B8F38c20113427CDC

Offline sammyd1337

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 12:07:07 AM »

what kind of coins/settings u using?

You only lose when you sell also. I've only put pairs of coins i would be happy to hold longer term in there. That way if i get stuck with a few it isn't the end of the world.

You can also change ur settings to make the bot sell when the coin drops X amount. if ur worried about losing a lot, could set it to 10%, so you only take a smaller hit if it drops

Offline overttherainbow

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 02:09:32 AM »
I've been using pure stepgain for the past 30 hours, running six pairs with a small capital and I've managed ~ 3%+ returns with no intervention despite a change in market conditions.

I'm not a professional trader but I think maybe my strategy is conservative enough to "bear" this market. (sorrry)

I'd actually love if there was a thread, board or chat (via telegram or other) where discussion of settings, configs and results was encouraged. At the moment I feel like I'm asking people for their secrets when I want to discuss it. Is anyone aware of somewhere like this?

Offline sammyd1337

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 06:33:29 AM »
I've been using pure stepgain for the past 30 hours, running six pairs with a small capital and I've managed ~ 3%+ returns with no intervention despite a change in market conditions.

I'm not a professional trader but I think maybe my strategy is conservative enough to "bear" this market. (sorrry)

I'd actually love if there was a thread, board or chat (via telegram or other) where discussion of settings, configs and results was encouraged. At the moment I feel like I'm asking people for their secrets when I want to discuss it. Is anyone aware of somewhere like this?

Unfortunately people are holding onto them like its their 50 million dollar lotto ticket, nobody wants to share.

I am definitely no expert so my settings don't have much thought behind them other than tinkering and only buying into coins i think can make it long term.

Have seen East Coast Cryptos youtube vids, and his discord channel they share little bits and pieces of their settings info, apart from that its been bare.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2017, 10:51:33 AM »
I share everything. not that it makes much difference, I don't make much money. the market isn't exactly peachy also.

the general consesus would be something like this: in bear market buy  5 to 8% below EMA and begin selling at marginal profit, 0.5 to 0.8%. When markets turn to bullish, you can start buying on 1% below EMA ( or wait up to 3% below EMA) and start selling later, at gains of over 1% (possibly up to 2.5% and more). to translate this into bollinger bands (if you use them), you Will have to compare BBs and EMA at least every day and correct settings accordingly. on perfectly sideways pairs, you should study the swings and set the bot working inside them, like for example use BB 40/40. hope this helps, but it is not financial advice.

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 10:07:29 AM »
Just wanted to see how everyone is tracking with their bot. I have been running for 2 days, and seem to be working out the right pairs etc.

I am currently using 0.02BTC per trade, and on average returning 0.0210BTC. Is that the same for everyone?

That works out to be about $5 AUD a trade

Obviously the results depends on each one. Depends on the strategy you run, your pair selection etc... Personally I'm getting good profits from the bot.

Offline parabellum

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 06:04:22 PM »

How can you lose money trading cryptos? Just don't sell for a loss HODL

No. Holding as a coin plummets to zero is a rookie mistake. Trading to increase btc amount is DIFFERENT than holding an investment hoping it turns into a lambo

Offline sammyd1337

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 04:41:35 AM »

No. Holding as a coin plummets to zero is a rookie mistake. Trading to increase btc amount is DIFFERENT than holding an investment hoping it turns into a lambo

Set ur stop losses at a low % then, if you don't want to hold bags.

I am currently holding bags because of all the ALT coins dropping and money pumping into BTC.

But i only bought into coins i am happy to hold, they arent crap coins. so just have to wait for the market to re stabalise

Offline Don_Juan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 01:22:35 AM »

What coin has plummeted to 0?

How about the coins that were already down 50% before the BTC rise to 5k ?
Hold and Hope doesn't always work

Offline McLean

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 12:04:51 PM »

But what counts is both:

What is with this idea:

I take 2 BTC and put them into Gunbot. All the profit (like 1% per day) I exchange daily into fiat. THIS will be the profit. Depend on the BTC (or what ever Coin) rate is the profit less or more worth, OK. But the 2 BTC will be just worth according the rate.

So, since I count my income with the daily returns and exchanges of the daily profit, I do not come to the point to say that I have made a loss just because the Coin drops. Even if my total worth drops with the coin rates, the daily exchanged profit will be the number to count success.

In general, who is putting his running money in a trade (money for a daily expenses) is doing the wrong business. Practically I have to have being able to "forget" the BTC if I put them in a bot. Probably they will rise in worth with time, but what counts is the 1% per day after exchange.

Comments would be highest appreciated.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 12:38:21 PM »
What about this:
two accounts, one where your base currency is one of the fiats (the one you use to pay bills with) and one where your base currency is BTC. Pay the bills with the gain of your fiat bot and keep the gain of your BTC bot, which in time will gain vs. your fiat automatically by itself - and you have things such as basic bills already covered. You getting richer in both BTC and fiat, plus all your expenses in fiat are covered from a separate bot. So, you're getting three times richer:
1. in BTC, your BTC bot takes care of this
2. in fiat (because your working capital is in BTC and it really doesn't go down, at least not for long)
3. you have no expenses, your fiat account bot handles that.
Happy days? I would say so. I'm at stage one, where I try getting a EUR base currency gunbot to cover basic bills. I have to give it some more capital for now, as I'm still setting/trying out the bot so I don't have to interfere (or worry). I think another month and some 0.075 more BTC in fiat, and bye bye basic bills. Then I can concentrate on wealth, because I'll have most of my daily worries covered.