Username: Password:

Author Topic: Selling of all coins, rather than just those purchased  (Read 12408 times)

Offline finlay1888

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Selling of all coins, rather than just those purchased
« on: June 15, 2017, 08:53:49 AM »
Hi,

So encountered a 'feature' that I wasn't expecting (probably due to failure of research on my part).

I have purchased some coins during the week on the same exchange account I use with Gunbot...I actively trade these pairs with Gunbot as well.

Issue (?)  is that I could not move my coins into a suitable wallet before Gunbot reached a sell point for a previous buy and sold the coins.  This was unexpected as I figured that Gunbot would only place a sell order for the amount of coins it previously purchased (as this should be a static value, right?).

Overall it contributed to a material loss in the pairing, but as mentioned, I reckon this is my fault.

Can/should Gunbot only sell the volume of coins which it has purchased? I don't see any benefit at all to a 'sell all' approach as any coins purchased outwith are essentially decoupled from the active gunbot strategy.

I would rather not have to split my activities across exchange accounts if I don't have to.

Offline hynyxtvia

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Selling of all coins, rather than just those purchased
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 11:57:21 AM »
You can move your previous balance over to the 'lending' part of your account to keep it from being sold. It won't actually be lent out unless you actually go and explicitly choose to do so by setting a rate and clicking lend (or whatever it is, I've never lent out before), etc.

Offline BitFlipp4r

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 04:12:09 PM »
You can not move every coin to lending.

Offline BitFlipp4r

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 04:13:36 PM »
But I guess this falls in line with https://gunthy.org/index.php?topic=430.0 which would be a nice feature.

Offline AlfonseX

• Contributor
  • Trop de chefs, pas assez d'indiens !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 07:07:30 PM »
Since you move to lending, take advantage of it to try https://github.com/BitBotFactory/poloniexlendingbot, it's a cool bot.
There is no small profit ;)
If you think I helped you, give me a drink:
in btc: 12aeQSpytxoehCEptQE8tUJVVSAS42LvXo
in eth: 0x02a611f0c15bccdb6fa8e5e4b0692ff6d77852bd

Offline Laild1939

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 11:16:36 AM »
I have seen that lot of people are purchasing the coins for the gaming.I have checked some of the tips on the game where I have checked that essaypro site where I found some od the things on all coins details as well.