Username: Password:

Author Topic: x3 We dont have enough statistics yet, using LEVELS for trading  (Read 12256 times)

Offline noonway

• Rookie
    • View Profile
I have confirmed that when I restart all my pairs that this message comes back.  After 22 hours straight of running at some point in time they went away but as soon as I stopped and restarted all pairs, the message came right back.

Offline Cyperh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: x3 We dont have enough statistics yet, using LEVELS for trading
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 06:05:09 AM »
You have to leave the bot running.
In my config I've set MAX_LATEST_PRICE to 500 ( default setting ).
After the bot has done 500 Cycles for the selected pair, automatically switch to BB strategy and the "We dont have enough statistics..." message disappear.
I don't know what happen if you restart the bot after the message disappear, but I think the statistics have to be racalculated every time you start a pair.
Hope this help

Offline noonway

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: x3 We dont have enough statistics yet, using LEVELS for trading
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 11:34:32 PM »
Gunthar told me that restarting the pair should not have that effect but nevertheless I was seeing it.  I'll report back after installing the new version and letting it run for 500 cycles (which I also use as the default).

Edit: I spoke to Gunthar again and he stated that even a loss of one price point royally f***s up the standard deviation which is why the statistics have to start all over again for BB.

Guess this is just something i'm going to have to live with and hope Polo eventually starts providing additional statistics so this isn't needed.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 02:49:08 AM by noonway »