Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hottest game in town atm. USDT/BTC tssl  (Read 9149 times)

Offline SLRS3G

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Hottest game in town atm. USDT/BTC tssl
« on: December 08, 2017, 06:04:42 AM »
Trying to get USDT/BTC with TSSL to work.  Anyone have suggestions on what the strategy settings should be on TSSL?  I already figured out that using USDT as base, you put in the dollar amount (TRADING_LIMIT) that you want to trade unlike with BTC.  So, $5000 USDT is 5000.  Also, it seems that .6 or .006% is way too small.  I am going to try using 6 for BUY(and SELL)_LEVEL.  So, 17000 x .06 = 1020+/-, for a 2040 point range.  I am hoping that I don't get too many arbitrary trades at this point...or should I have a tighter range?  Have any suggestions on making this work?

At this point, I would much rather be putting my money into BTC, than taking it out to lose it on alts.  At least BTC is still going up!

One more thing, truly advanced technology is simple.  I have to work on this night and day to get it to work and stay working.  I am not great with computers I admit, but this is way too complicated.

Offline SLRS3G

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Hottest game in town atm. USDT/BTC tssl
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 07:04:00 PM »
Maybe I should ask if anyone has been able to trade USDT/BTC.  We are supposed to be able to, but so far I don't know of anyone that has.  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 07:04:50 PM »
have you looked at all at the charts today?

Offline SLRS3G

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 05:52:24 AM »
This is the question:  Trying to get USDT/BTC with TSSL to work.  The charts today are irrelevant to the question.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 07:34:41 PM »
on the contrary, charts are very relevant in trading ...

Offline jimbogbt

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 05:27:54 AM »
Ive just been trying this now.
Exchanged BTC for USDT
Set up a pair
Changed the TRADING_LIMIT in the strategy to 20 (dollars)
Had to put in a BOUGHT_PRICE override as it couldnt find a price
Then let it run

Just entered a sell cycle straight away, not looking to buy.
Changed to ping pong and waited until the price I entered was hit and still didnt buy.

So bought BTC back again and have gone back to my original strategy but would like to know how I can set this up.

Is it because the pair on the bot is USDT-BTC and the pair on Binance is BTC-USDT and it's totally confused?

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 01:10:23 PM »
read the wiki on how to set up pairs and where your base currency goes. It varies a bit on different bot versions. But I suspect, as the bot sold immediately, you had the pair set just the opposite way. Or maybe not. This pair is a bit confusing to me, as I can't figure out from your post what your base currency is and I don't know how binance  treats this pair. I have no trouble trading BTC vs. euro, where the euro is my base currency. But I use the older 602 version, where you need to match exactly the exchange notation.