Username: Password:

Author Topic: Feature Request: Keep BTC-Balance  (Read 9582 times)

Offline celli030

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Feature Request: Keep BTC-Balance
« on: August 29, 2017, 06:32:08 AM »
I think it would be nice to have a feature that lets you decide how many BTC you want to keep in portfolio and don't give the GB for trading. This could be handy if you want to withdraw BTC on a regular basis.

e.g.: I configure keep: 0,2 BTC and the bot only trades with BTC above the 0,2 BTC level

What do you think?! Any possibility for this feature in some future releases?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 12:14:25 PM by celli030 »

Offline vicdr

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Feature request: Keep BTC-Balance
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 08:55:03 AM »
I think it would be nice to have a feature that lets you decide how many BTC you want to keep in portfolio and don't give the GB for trading. This could be handy if you want to withdraw BTC on a regular basis.

e.g.: I configure keep: 0,2 BTC and the bot only trades with BTC above the 0,2 BTC level

What do you think?! Any possibility for this feature in some future releases?

+1. That's a great idea.

I'd been hoarding / accumulating a coin at low prices, awaiting a big surge, which finally came (this morning) 20 minutes after GB fire-sale sold the whole lot - whilst taking into it's math account, only the last buy price.

It's done this with two of my pairs now, more fool me for giving it the keys to the second pair after the first time GB did this.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 03:36:56 PM »
how about using override on the offending pair? for example, from the moment you decide to wait for a price spike on a coin paired to your primary, set in the config an override of GAIN to a very high to possibly insanely high number. now, if the coin reaches this insanely high number and the bot sells, you have made an insane profit, which is what you want anyways. if not, the coin holds and you can sell manually at a sligthly less insane gain (if you are not sure of the surge height). would that work for you?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 03:45:15 PM by sloaleks »

Offline celli030

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 06:56:18 PM »
I'm not sure your solution will work as this requires manual work (setting the gain) and the coin I choose can still go down.

Let's assume my bot makes 0,5 BTC profit / month. And I want to withdraw 0,1 BTC ever month. Then I would like an option/setting where the bot doesn't trade that 0,1 BTC but everything above that limit.

That way I can withdraw 0,1 BTC (when it's filled up) and the bot can trade if there is more than 0,1 BTC.

After I withdraw those 0,1 BTC (and the free BTC balance is only 0,1 BTC) the bot can't trade for a while until it reaches more than 0,1 BTC - but that's fine.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 09:04:10 PM »
mine was a proposal to vicdr's problem of fire selling a coin he wants to ride on a spike.
for your problem a statement needs to be changed in source, as in something like buy inabled: true, if btc holding is higher than 0.1 btc+ "btc trade limit". now it s set to a value lesser than "btc trade limit" set in the config. it states "no funds available" if you have less than "btc trade limit" in bitcoin, so just one variable in the source needs to be changed or another variable added to "btc trade limit", something like "minimum btc holding" (as I figure, but I'm a simpleton, could be more complicated).
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:10:38 PM by sloaleks »

Offline vicdr

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 04:53:54 AM »
mine was a proposal to vicdr's problem of fire selling a coin he wants to ride on a spike....
The main issue was it didn't take into account what average price was paid for all the holding, and as the last price i bought at was the lowest, GB assumed this lowest price as the price paid for all... Sold all at a 5% overall loss... Undid a week's worth of good buying.

But hey, I'm new to this bot and now understand more about it's limitations so won't make that mistake again.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 11:27:08 AM »
Yeah, crap, didn't think about that (last price cheapest). I'm slightly ashamed to say that I work in IT ... I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, it seems.

Offline mbdash

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2017, 05:52:50 AM »
+1 for the feature

Offline vertygo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 05:39:28 AM »
+1 Agreed, this had occurred to me as well.

Offline Moondust

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 05:46:36 PM »
yes !

Offline theadnut

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2017, 09:00:58 AM »
+1 Sounds Great ;-)

Offline theswede

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2017, 10:28:22 AM »
+1

This would be very helpful!

Offline celli030

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2017, 12:13:37 PM »
will be implemented in the proxy this weekend :-) For now it's just for Poloniex, I guess ... maybe the GB gets this feature later as well?