Username: Password:

Author Topic: Not selling in the right time.  (Read 8103 times)

Offline gusirisa

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Not selling in the right time.
« on: January 11, 2018, 08:25:20 AM »
Hi I'm using Stepgain to sell. SELLLVL1:1 SELLLVL2:2 SELLLVL3: 70 and  SELLLVL: 2

The price of the coin increased around 56% since it bought it then stopped increasing and the price started to drop for 30min but the robot never sold it. I decided to sold it manually when I saw the price was dropping massively to 29.5% of the purchase price. What do you think it happened? do you see any error in the configuration?

So far is buying good but basically is not selling the right time.

Thoughts?

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Not selling in the right time.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 01:12:11 PM »
This is stepgain. It started the sell cycle at selllvl2 (2%) and tried to reach more. It didn't reach selllvl3, else it would have sold at 70%. I should have get rid of the coin, as soon as the bot detected the trend going down. Why it has not detected that trend, hard to say. I have sometimes noticed this even in bb, and also had to sell manually. It happens maybe once or twice a week, all other times, it works like a charm.

Offline johnnyk022181

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 04:23:20 PM »
I'm having the same issue.  I've been using Gunbot for a couple of days now and i'm having huge issues when it comes to selling.  I have tried a few different strategies using the default settings, and have only seen it sell a few times.  In most cases, I see the price start dropping and I just wait to see if the bot sells, but nothing.  Is this a common issue?   

weller1000

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 06:03:38 PM »
What do you see in the log? Mine says it's buying / selling but doesn't actually trade.

Offline johnnyk022181

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 06:46:13 PM »
The buying side seems to work fine for me.  Don't recall what the logs said, I've tested many different strategies and they look different in the logs.  But the selling part wouldn't say anything in the logs.  I just watch the price drop and wait for the sell but nothing happens.

Offline zoltan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 02:12:56 PM »
Got same problem on cryptopia for about 3 days, other instance running on bittrex works fine. What exchange do you use?

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 08:12:09 PM »
... see the price start dropping and I just wait to see if the bot sells, but nothing.  Is this a common issue?
Happens on bb once or twice a week. Haven't been able to exactely pinpoint what is causing this, and it's not exchange related. I had this issue both on Kraken and Bittrex on occasion.