Username: Password:

Author Topic: Created an AWS EC2 instance. Now what?  (Read 5918 times)

Offline xanderusa

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Created an AWS EC2 instance. Now what?
« on: December 16, 2017, 11:04:43 PM »
Hi, I have two questions.

1)  I've just created the Amazon AWS EC2 instance as recommended. Not a techy guy here. Now what? How to link the gunbot with the EC2? Any tutorials? I've found this one https://imgur.com/a/ucbr7 but they are using something called workspaces, and I am using EC2. Any thoughts?

2) When picking up the coins to trade with the gunbot, do you guys have any specific rules? My rules are just placing the alts with more than 500+ in volume which are normally 5-7 coins as much and that's it. But I've heard other ppl saying the daily coins chosen has to be picked up carefully because I could get trapped and not all coins will work. If that's true it means the gunbot doesn't discern the tendency if it''s bullish or bearish. I think they are over-complicating things or , are they right? Any recommendation to put to work the right coins with gunbot? Thoughts?

Thank you
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 11:10:38 PM by xanderusa »

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Created an AWS EC2 instance. Now what?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 07:12:05 AM »
the bot can't do magic. for me it works best with sideways or slightly uptrend pairs. when an altcoin climbs in a parabolic fashion, I think it's time to hand trade. alas, with a downtrend to hard downtrend pair, I personally leave it out of trading until it levels out a bit. so, yeah, choosing your pairs is the best way to avoid bagging issues. I have neglected several times my pair selection, and ended up with all my capital tied up in bags. the bags sometimes take a long time to clear and it's frustrating looking at lost opportunities for trades, for all you have is altcoins in bags. if I cleared bags manually, it always ended in bad losses and these in turn took a long time to gain back.