Username: Password:

Author Topic: Gunbot XT pairs cycling  (Read 10478 times)

Offline albatros24

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Gunbot XT pairs cycling
« on: November 15, 2017, 01:59:40 PM »
Hello,

I've just transitioned from Gunbot v3.3.2 to Gunbot v6.0.1

If I'm correct, Gunbot XT is cycling through my pairs every 5-6 seconds between each pair on Bittrex.

I'll add more instances of Gunbot XT on the same machine, which means more pairs.

Is it possible to control the cycling time between the pairs (as I wouldn't want to get banned)?

Does the interval_ticker_update control that? I've set it to 120000, but it still cycles through the pairs every 5-6 seconds.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Gunbot XT pairs cycling
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 11:26:17 AM »
You should really read the wiki. No, really, people have worked to make it available, it's rude to just ignore it.

BOT_DELAY 1 Values: numerical – represents a multiplier value used in the formula to delay the bot. Bot will delay processing a new pair for a random amount of milliseconds. Useful for when Poloniex complains about sending to many requests. Formula: random value between 200 an 400 ms * BOT_DELAY

interval_ticker_update 25000 Values: numerical – represents time in milliseconds. This parameter defines after how many milliseconds new prices are being pulled from the exchange for each pair (default value of 25000 = 25 seconds). Set this to a lower value if you want Gunbot to retrieve prices faster, for example while you’re interested in following shorter trends.This value is related to "period_storage_ticker”, since it defines how often new prices are being added to the array

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 11:36:29 AM »
You know, those albatros have difficulties to fly ;-)
https://youtu.be/mN3zz6PcC0w?t=13

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 04:59:40 PM »
"Zum abheben hat es nicht genügt ..." ;D

Offline albatros24

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 12:01:01 PM »
You should really read the wiki. No, really, people have worked to make it available, it's rude to just ignore it.

BOT_DELAY 1 Values: numerical – represents a multiplier value used in the formula to delay the bot. Bot will delay processing a new pair for a random amount of milliseconds. Useful for when Poloniex complains about sending to many requests. Formula: random value between 200 an 400 ms * BOT_DELAY

interval_ticker_update 25000 Values: numerical – represents time in milliseconds. This parameter defines after how many milliseconds new prices are being pulled from the exchange for each pair (default value of 25000 = 25 seconds). Set this to a lower value if you want Gunbot to retrieve prices faster, for example while you’re interested in following shorter trends.This value is related to "period_storage_ticker”, since it defines how often new prices are being added to the array

Thanks for the answer.

I did read the wiki, a dozen times at least and it seems to me that the difference between BOT_DELAY and interval_ticker_update is explained in a way that is obvious only to someone who already understands the mechanics behind the communication between the bot and the exchange.

Don't get me wrong, I am a person who likes learning new stuff and I try to solve the problems I encounter by myself, whenever I can.  Now, for someone looking for increasing the time interval in which the bot communicates with the exchange, increasing interval_ticker_update seems like a completely reasonable solution.

After starting the bot, reading the output and noticing that the delay between retrieving the price from the exchange is 7 seconds, and not 25 seconds as is set in interval_ticker_update, I tried to fiddle with the value of interval_ticker_update, which did not yield any results.

So my problem here was that I was not able to understand the difference between Gunbot "processing a new pair" and Gunbot "pulling the prices from the exchange for each pair" solely from the explanations given in the Gunbot wiki.

I have to admit I still do not understand the difference.

E.g. I have two pairs running on Gunbot, and Gunbot pulls the price from the exchange for pair A, processes the pair and concludes there are no opportunities to trade. Seven seconds have passed and Gunbot moves on to pair B, pulls the price from the exchange, processes it and concludes there are no opportunities to trade. The cycle begins anew, Gunbot pulls the price from the exchange for pair A etc. (I am not sure if this is how the bot functions, just my assumption)

In total, cca 14 seconds have passed for the processing of two pairs, and the pair A is processed again after 21 seconds. How would the interval_ticker_update with a value of 25 seconds fit in this example? (I am aware the value can be changed, I just wish to understand how the bot works so I can control it more efficiently)

I bought Gunbot and I think it's an excellent tool if you understand how to use it, but I also have the feeling that the wiki is written by the programmers for the programmers (although the documentation is definitely better than for the previous versions). That is not a big problem as I'm sure there are people in the community who would take their time to help and write the wiki and make it more accessible to non-programmers, myself included. So if any admins/moderators are reading this, I'll gladly help in any way I can in making this project and its wiki be even better than it is now.

Offline albatros24

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 12:01:25 PM »

Flying is overrated, all the fish are in the sea anyway.

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 07:39:31 PM »
Flying is overrated, all the fish are in the sea anyway.

Fine reply :-) Wishing you to find your way and a solution with gunthy!

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 08:18:48 AM »
ELECTRICTY WENT OUT AS WROTE AN ANSWER YESTERDAY. I was mad and din't write one back gain.
thing is, bot delay and interval ticker update are not directly related. bot delay is randomly timed, interval ticker update not, it has a fixed time. how I immagine this works is, bot delay triggers pair processing each new random*bot delay, which takes the data for processing from an array (period storage ticker), which has new data added every interval ticker update (25 seconds if set stock). I don't even think both bot delay and interval ticker update need to be sinchronized, because mainly we are looking at candles with a much larger period than both of them take to perform their task.

Offline albatros24

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 01:11:54 PM »
ELECTRICTY WENT OUT AS WROTE AN ANSWER YESTERDAY. I was mad and din't write one back gain.
thing is, bot delay and interval ticker update are not directly related. bot delay is randomly timed, interval ticker update not, it has a fixed time. how I immagine this works is, bot delay triggers pair processing each new random*bot delay, which takes the data for processing from an array (period storage ticker), which has new data added every interval ticker update (25 seconds if set stock). I don't even think both bot delay and interval ticker update need to be sinchronized, because mainly we are looking at candles with a much larger period than both of them take to perform their task.

That's what I assumed after trying to find an answer. Basically, two separate processes, interval_ticker_update retrieves and stores the prices in its ticker history every n seconds, while Gunbot is constantly cycling pairs and comparing entry/exit strategies with the prices contained in ticker history. Thanks for your thoughts.