Username: Password:

Author Topic: This solution could fix Binance issue if implemented  (Read 8613 times)

Offline cryptkeeperxxx

• Rookie
    • View Profile
This solution could fix Binance issue if implemented
« on: December 29, 2017, 04:10:41 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have a solution to offer for a Binance problem that deactivates trading on Gunbot. I reached out to multiple Gunbot workers many times, but it seems they haven't been able to get to it, since I imagine they are very busy. So please, let's all pass this along to the developers to prioritize implementation.

Binance terminates Gunbot trading when the secondary currency in a pair sells down to dust levels (below 0.01 or 0.001 equivalence, depending on the currency).

Manually fixing the dust (manually buying more) works for a while, but even with fixing dust and starting fresh with MIN_VOLUME_TO_BUY and MIN_VOLUME_TO_SELL (neither of which seem to consistently work with Binance) set at good levels (even extreme levels for the sake of testing), dust eventually results and terminates Binance trading with Gunbot, even with v.7.0.2 stable.

So, my suggestion and request to fix this Binance issue would be the implementation of a FUNDS_RESERVE for the secondary currency in a pair--not the primary currency, since we already have the current FUNDS_RESERVE helping with that. It could be called SECONDARY_FUNDS_RESERVE or something like that and it would effectively set the secondary currency base level at a Binance acceptable level to keep trading active without fear of entering dust levels and deactivating trading over time.

Another benefit of what would be something like SECONDARY_FUNDS_RESERVE is that it would function to allow portions of secondary currencies to act as longer-term hold investments--not actively traded--while portions of that same secondary currency are open to active trading investments.

This is especially useful for currencies with private wallet issues like, for example, IOTA, which currently has the 7th largest market capitalization of all cryptocurrencies, and since its tangle network currently lacks mature development, many people are circumstantially inclined to use exchanges as hold wallets for it. If people want to hold a set portion of it and actively trade another portion of it at the same time, their options are currently limited, barring making separate accounts, which can present other issues. So, a secondary funds reserve function would solve this for everyone.

Please, let's all pass this along to the developers to prioritize implementation and thanks so much!

Offline oldskoolnix

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: This solution could fix Binance issue if implemented
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 04:28:36 PM »
Excellent idea.  Don't know if any of the devs have seen it though.

I've seen "Enhancement" ideas posted to Gunthar's github at:    https://github.com/GuntharDeNiro/BTCT/issues

It looks like they received faster responses that way.

v/r

Nix

Offline cryptkeeperxxx

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 05:38:50 PM »
Thanks buddy. I'll check that out.

Offline primatemind

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 08:15:15 AM »
Hi, I'm new here, and plan to focus Gunbot on Binance exchange (for now). Both suggestions above seem like a great idea to me.

In other words, a "SECONDARY_FUNDS_RESERVE" could be very useful in Binance for avoiding the "dust level problems". Using it also for generating a reserve for hodling also should be useful for every exchange.

Offline cryptkeeperxxx

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 10:00:58 PM »
Welcome here and thanks for the positive support. I followed oldskoolnix's advice and posted on github, too. If you'd like to maximize opportunity with exchanges, Binance in particular, then I encourage you to join in and offer this solution to the developers for the benefit of everyone. Gunbot and its developers are excellent, so let's see what we can do to make things the best they can be :)

Offline thanhitca

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 02:38:14 AM »
Hope this will be fixed soon ! :)

Offline cryptkeeperxxx

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 02:45:05 AM »
Thanks for joining with support for the cause :). Please, spread the word to developers every way you can (telegram, discord, github https://github.com/GuntharDeNiro/BTCT/issues/358 and so on for prioritization. It's up to us to get the word out to get this implemented.

Offline Moonrunner

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 05:18:11 PM »
Hi all , and Happy New Year... new user here , just wanted to add my agreement to this idea. I have several binance pairs that aren't trading, have played with the "dust" settings to no avail. Also like the idea of being able to hodl a set amount d as well as trading an additional balance on various pairs as mentioned...
Excellent idea!

Offline cryptkeeperxxx

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 10:11:17 PM »
Thanks for the support! I just saw a message from Gunthar and he said he would give it a look. So, it looks like great stuff might be on the way.

Offline Bossett

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 08:48:57 AM »
I have just realised that this is why the bot is non-functional for me - most of my pairs, like ripple and stellar, are holding dust, and that means I've missed out on a lot of gains (according to some tradingview backtesting - about 40%). I don't think MIN_VOLUME_TO_BUY / MIN_VOLUME_TO_SELL actually manage dust at all - they just make it a little less likely you'll gather any.

I've tried dealing with dust by buying/selling small amounts to try clear it / selling for BNB / etc. - that's worked a little, but there's still a large number of non-trading pairs - this also means I'll have no working Binance pairs without constant manual intervention, defeating the idea of botting at all.

I know its on Gunthar's radar - but is there any way we can assist with a solution / getting it prioritised / work around it some way?

Offline cryptkeeperxxx

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 10:09:28 AM »
Yes, please spread the word by forwarding this to the developers. If you and others forward this to @gunthardeniro on telegram, then it might get prioritization and implementation.