Username: Password:

Author Topic: Question about closed source bot.  (Read 9441 times)

Offline Scratch45

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Question about closed source bot.
« on: May 18, 2019, 02:39:44 PM »
I'm interested in using a bot to trade in cryptocurrencies and the only thing that's keeping me from buying the bot offered by you is the fact that the code is not open source. I'm not doubting the integrity of the developers but what kind of control do they have have over my api?

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
Re: Question about closed source bot.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 12:20:59 PM »
I'm interested in using a bot to trade in cryptocurrencies and the only thing that's keeping me from buying the bot offered by you is the fact that the code is not open source. I'm not doubting the integrity of the developers but what kind of control do they have have over my api?

Hi, same as any other app, it needs to connect through api keys. That's the way the bot is able to trade. Note that there is no need to activate withdrawal permissions to your api key.

Offline olliecrypto

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • TheCryptoBot Automated Cryptocurrency Bot
Re: Question about closed source bot.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 08:23:23 AM »
any bitcoin related application is going to make people nervous, but gunbot has a long history of existing and no one has ever had issues with security flaws or with their being anything uncouth happening through the api communications.
within the crypto realm, word of mouth and trust is our main source of currency. :)
My favorite Trading Tool :
Gunbot - the Automated Cryptocurrency Trading Bot
https://thecryptobot.com