Username: Password:

Author Topic: Binance: often temporary banned, number of pairs?  (Read 6779 times)

Offline Charunks

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Binance: often temporary banned, number of pairs?
« on: June 09, 2018, 07:43:27 AM »
Goodmorning / afternoon, evening, Night!

I'm having some issues with Binance. I experience a lot of temporary bans on the exchange. After some experimentation I found out that I can only run 4 pairs at a time, by setting Bot_delay to 30 and interval update to 30000.
When I run 4 pairs, i can not even check on binance in the browser, as it can result in a temporary ban.

Is this a common issue; are you only allowed to trade 4 pairs, or is it an issue at my end? In case of the last, does someone have advise on how to resolve the issue?

Thank you for your reply!

Offline Kilpi

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Binance: often temporary banned, number of pairs?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 12:41:18 PM »
I continue here even though last post is old.

How many pairs can one run in one exchange (Binance) ? One  IP in use. 
How to estimate that without being banned for trying ? Dont know how many API calls or requests bot executes. 
Now using v11 and running 23 pairs without problems.

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
Re: Binance: often temporary banned, number of pairs?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 05:28:44 AM »
Hi, the number of pairs shouldn't affect. Note that there is delay between pairs, so, if you add 3 pairs and you set delay to 10, the bot will process 1 pair every 10 seconds, same way as it would do if you add 200 pairs.

Summarizing, the important thing is the delay. Depending on your Internet connection, you can set it very low, or maybe you need to set it to a high value.

Anyway, you shouldn't have any problem setting delay to 30. A lot of people is running the bot on Binance with 10, even lower. On the other hand, supposing your api key was banned, Binance would ban your access to the api, that is, it has nothing to do with Binance website. Do you see any error message in bot logs?

My guess:

1- It was just a coincidence. Binance website was down at that momment.

2- Your connection was dropped at the momment you tried to load Binance website. Maybe it was a connection drop? Did you try to load other websites after trying to load Binance website?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 10:16:45 AM by Aitor »