Username: Password:

Author Topic: How long before gunbot will actually perform a trade after startup?  (Read 6232 times)

Offline jayson1361

• Rookie
    • View Profile
So Ive attempted to run gunbot twice now with standard configs for let's say NEO on bittrex.  Deposited .1 btc and set the minimum buy at .01.  I've kept the out of the box Step/Gain settings but have lowered the bot timing to 60/30.

Then save the config or load the config, start and off we go.  For 24 hours the bot did not make a purchase for trade so I gave it 48 hours, still no purchase.  I've looked at the bot's readout on the lower window and I see the price to buy just continually lowers or increases based on market API calls and the bot callback states continually price is too high, even when it has gone below previous buy prices listed.

Basically no trading is happening at all.  What am I doing wrong? Are my settings just too safe?

I am using 3.3.2 version on Windows on Bittrex.

EDIT: So gunbot cycle #968 still no buy.  Gunbot comes with a working config thats rather safe I see from all my reading but no buy.  BB price to buy changes with the EMA which when price is dropping of the coin the BB price to buy just keeps dropping as well, if indeed the strategy uses EMA to calculate buy price for BB strategy. Or, as BB is calculated the BB buy price keeps dropping or increasing based on market price and changes every cycle which seemingly means it may never actually make a buy because if the market price lowers the BB recalculate to a lower price to buy, even if I set the low BB % to lets say 35% or 40% above lower BB still just chasing that price.  Once it hits that price the BB has recalculated to an even lower price.

For example:

If ETH is .0474 market price and lower BB is at .0470 and price to buy is set at .04715 by the bot, when the price reaches .04715 the lower BB has recalculated to lets say .0468 and the price to buy has been reset by the bot to .0469...therefore a buy never happens just chasing a lower BB value, at least not so far no trades.

So....is this normal?  Should I really go 968 cycles with no trade?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 06:25:50 AM by jayson1361 »

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: How long before gunbot will actually perform a trade after startup?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 01:02:46 AM »
1) you may post the interesting part of your config (not the API keys...)

2) right now, as the BTC goes to the moon, currencies are sinking if you trade BTC-XXX, so that's normal and hopefully GB doesn't buy.

3) use Telegram, as it appears that everyone (except me) is on Telegram, and people here on forum get no help from the dev/team. Sorry.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: How long before gunbot will actually perform a trade after startup?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 09:15:06 PM »
NEO is dropping, no buy for you at the moment. You should find a nice sideways or uptrend pair. Today I found for example BCC, EOS, RISE. Try one of these. Keep watching the market and adjust pairs accordingly.
Also check for dust if you have ever manually bought NEO. Version 3.x is a bit particular on dust, it won't buy, if there's any.