Username: Password:

Author Topic: Separate folder to run gunbot or using only one?  (Read 10314 times)

Offline AnotherOne

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Separate folder to run gunbot or using only one?
« on: August 26, 2017, 01:06:05 PM »
I was wondering how you run your gunbot?

one gunbot.exe for each pair or you put everything in the same config? I feel the need to separate them since something I want to put .01 btc on a pair and sometimes .05 on another one but using the same strategy.

But I was wondering if it can screw things up if we run multiple gunbot.exe? like the number of requests each second and so on.

I renamed the gunthy.exe to the pair I am trading, makes it easier to find out which one is which one in a listing of windows... ;)

Thanks for any feedback!

Offline dobcrypto

• Contributor
  • Russian - native language
    • View Profile

Offline AnotherOne

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Separate folder to run gunbot or using only one?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 04:30:11 AM »
4.0.5 :)

Offline vicdr

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 01:10:12 PM »
Not that I'm an expert, fairly new to this particular bot (slippery little critter he is)...
But I run multiple folders, one for currency pair AND also separate strategy, so...
example folders: pay-btc-bb, pay-btc-bbgain ... etc
I do this because, for example a bb strategy for one pair may well be different to another pair, so easy to tune on the fly and only affect that one pair.
I just create shortcuts of each .exe pointing to it's relevant folders, shortcut named same as the folder, so easy to start any instance of any pair / strategy, all from one place.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 03:23:30 PM »
I run all pairs in one folder. You can condition different pairs to an extent using override. Also you can run every pair on its own strategy. This is enough for me, as I run all pairs on basically the same proven way.

Offline AnotherOne

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 11:14:58 AM »
vicdr,

that's exactly how I run it for that exact same purpose... using bb on multiple pairs but trying to tweak for each coin without affecting all pairs... But was curious on how people are using it.