Username: Password:

Author Topic: GUNBOT v3.1 - Release name: "x3"  (Read 35058 times)

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
GUNBOT v3.1 - Release name: "x3"
« on: April 19, 2017, 10:42:09 PM »
GUNBOT v3.1 - Release name: "x3"
(the x3 profit multiplier)

I'm proud to announce a great target the entire GUNBOT community reached: the GUNBOT x3 edition. This edition is the result of the hard work and efforts of over 300 people that continuously cooperated in the past 4 months to improve, suggest code, test and finance, the first automatic trader with a unique feature: its stable profit income. All users reports, ideas, enthusiasm have been melted in a single product which is now able to multiply the invested amount of BTC in multiple exchanges platforms: Bittrex, which is rich of unexplored and impressive altcoins, Kraken with the highest "volume/number of pairs" rate, and Poloniex, the largest lab for all cryptocurrencies lovers.

How does the x3 Edition work?
It's highly customizable settings, allow you to decide how to move on the markets: the concept is basic but the algorithm behind it, is one of the most backtested and profitable, buy low and sell high. How? The Bollinger Band indicator has been implemented: short-ema, long-ema, and volume weighted price are now confirming what we need to know. The price is low enough > we need to buy OR The price is high enough > we must sell!

What settings am I allowed to change?
If you used the Poloniex GUNBOT you know what was missed: a real indicator of a low price to buy at. This user has described this procedure better than me:
Hi all :-) and Hi Gunthar :-)
First of all I want to say I really enjoy Gunbot and Gunthar's constant efforts to improve it !

Now from my experience and from what I read in the chat, the main problem remaining on Gunbot is when it buys at top price, leading to bag holdings for days (weeks... months...) before these alts recover

I have a suggestion for an option that would allow to minimize these situation
I already posted this idea twice on the Telegram group and it received very good feedback, but I'm sure many users missed it (sometimes hard to read 1000+ messages daily), and that's why I'm posting it here on the forum so everyone can see it and comment.

This options consists in an additional parameter that would be % of bolinger band where bot is allowed to buy
The bot would measure the distance between the lower and upper bolinger bands, and if the price is at a higher distance than set, the bot would not buy

We could set this parameter to 500% by default, with this setting the bot would behave exactly as it is doing now, and it would not bother  those who don't want to use this feature.

This would be an additional filter that would be applied just before the bot buys, so it would not change at all the actual gunbot strategy, but only prevent buying too close to upper Bolinger Band if the feature is activated.

For those who want to use the feature, they could set this parameter to 50% for example in which case the bot would buy only if Buy Price is below or at 50% distance from lower bolinger band to upper bolinger band. Depending on each coin behavior the parametre could be set to 10%, 0%, or even -10%

In the picture below for example, the parameter is set at 50% and the bot would be allowed to buy only in the yellow range (sorry the drawing was quickly made and not perfect).

For myself if this was implemented I would use it a lot and set it between 20%~30% I think, but that must be adjustable differently for each pair according to their recent behavior.

In Spring, 2010, John Bollinger introduced three new indicators based on Bollinger Bands. They are BBImpulse, which measures price change as a function of the bands; percent bandwidth (%b), which normalizes the width of the bands over time; and bandwidth delta, which quantifies the changing width of the bands.

%b (pronounced "percent b") is derived from the formula for Stochastics and shows where price is in relation to the bands. %b equals 1 at the upper band and 0 at the lower band

So basically if we call BBSetParam this new parameter, we would have something like:

Code: [Select]
if (AllOtherConditionsOk && (%b*100 <= BBSetParam))
BotCanBuy=TRUE;

(Note: someone on the Telegram group said that it is useless because we have EMA's, but this is wrong. Bolinger Bands are really different indicators, and EMA's are useless in what I'd like to see because EMA's always tend to follow the upper Bolinger Band during pumps, and the lower Bolinger Band during dumps.)

I would like to hear everyone's opinion about this suggestion
Thanks for reading :-)

So how does it work exactly?
You have 2 options: use pure Bollinger Band or a mix of %GAIN and Bollinger Band:
  • You can set a percentual value from the lowest Bollinger Band, which will be your buy area: I want to buy only when there is a dump that reaches 20% of the bottom Bollinger Band area. The % value is customizable.
  • You can set a percentual value from the highest Bollinger Band, which will be your sell area: I want to sell only when there is a pump that reaches 20% of the top Bollinger Band area. In this way you will always buy at the lowest values of BB and sell at the highest, generating so very high profits per trade
  • You can decide to buy using Bollinger Band and sell at a defined % from the bought price: I buy soon as the dump is over in the 20%
     lowest Bollinger Band and I sell soon as I reach %GAIN I set in configs

Are all other features we had in the Poloniex GUNBOT implemented?
Yes, they are. The final tuning for the "manual trades" tho, is not complete yet, that's the only feature I am not satisfied with (yet), so the final job will be in the 3.2 release.

Ok you got me: how do i buy it?
The GUNBOT x3 edition comes with different packages:
  • The Family pack: if you bought the Poloniex GUNBOT before 20 April 2017, you are considered a "contributor". You can have 50% off discount on the Kraken license and the Bittrex license: 0.1BTC for both licenses
  • The Estimator pack: if you didn't buy the Poloniex GUNBOT because you were waiting for Kraken or Bittrex exchange, you are considered an "estimator". You can have 50% off discount on the second and third exchange license: 0.1BTC for the first exchange, 0.05BTC for the second, 0.05BTC for the third
  • New Gun pack: the new Guns can purchase each license at 0.1BTC each one. You can buy either Poloniex or Bittrex or Kraken license (and you can upgrade later to one of the other packages).

Currently selling Linux version only
The process of license distribution is split in the next days: actually, only Linux users will receive their copy. In the next 2 days, Windows users will receive their copy too. This is because licensing all the API keys will take time: please be patient and allow me to secure your GUNBOT copy and to protect it from leakers and lurkers: your GUNBOT has a value and we must take care of it.

Please PM me in this forum with your desired exchange and your public API key. Wait for a unique BTC address to deposit the license cost and notify me by PM with the transaction id. In this initial state, i will send copies every 3 hours.

Thank you for your patience, contribution and help: we are making the perfect money machine, together.

~Gun

Offline Doc

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: GUNBOT v3.1 - Release name: "x3"
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 11:41:40 PM »
WOW! great news! just 1 question: if I bought GUNBOT before April the 20th, how much is it for the polo license?l

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 11:47:18 PM »
WOW! great news! just 1 question: if I bought GUNBOT before April the 20th, how much is it for the polo license?l

You want to buy again the polo license? You must like it very much...

Offline magictrade

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 12:11:13 AM »
wow ! thank you very much ! i will try it out directly (:

Offline xith

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 10:07:22 AM »
Nice job.

Looking forward to testnig the BB-SG against the normal SG

Offline Beachguy

• Rookie
  • Former Gunbot Reseller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 11:56:40 AM »
This is so exciting!  8)
I thought we would simply have a kraken and bittrex version of what we have now.
Yet, you surprise us with a totally new kick ass bot.
how the hell do you ride herd on all of us in telegram, bitcointalk, open a smf forum, and release improvement after improvement.
I stand in awe.

Offline Wolke

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 02:09:32 PM »
Awesome, can't wait to use the new version.  ;D

Can you upload the Poloniex Linux executable for the people that use the previous version?

Offline hardis1729

• Rookie
  • Russian - native language
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 02:12:19 PM »
Great news! I hope i can understand how to setup new settings. Also i hope that for not experiencing in trading people, will be easier just to use so default settings as possible, to avoid mistakes in settings.

Offline Clannad

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2017, 04:45:38 PM »
Woot this is really awesome ! Thanks Gunthar for coding this :-)

Can't wait to try the win version ...

Offline Pro

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 05:21:10 PM »
HAIL GUNTHAR!  :D ;)

And thanks alot for this great new Version!
Finally this great implemenation we all have been waiting for :)

INFO: Users who have already bought the Poloniex Version will get a free Update for Poloniex of course ;)

Offline Sjenkie

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 05:32:51 PM »
Gunther is not to be stopped.
All aboard the Guntrain...

Aaaaaand choochoo!
Happy 4/20 everyone!

Offline Knightwing

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 05:35:58 PM »
I bought the bot a while ago, but was wondering if I just want to add the Bittrex version, can I do that for 0.05 btc or do I have to add both Bittrex and Kraken for 0.1btc?

Offline zzTAz

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 06:09:36 PM »
great news canīt wait to download and test the new version.

Offline zedomingues

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2017, 09:31:58 PM »
Waiting anxiously for the windows version.

Tks Gun!!!

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2017, 11:37:13 PM »
Update: sorry for the delay guys. The setup of the licenses server is taking more than expected. I will be able to deliver all 3.1 copies in a fee hours. Keep posting in my PM your 3.1 api keys and exchanges you want enabled, i'm reading and adding as i receive yoru pm, even if i dont answer!
Thanks for your patience!
~Gun

Offline Cyperh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2017, 07:49:09 AM »
Hi Gun,
Windows 2.0.4b users have to generate new API keys for 3.1 version?

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2017, 10:00:37 AM »
Hi Gun,
Windows 2.0.4b users have to generate new API keys for 3.1 version?
No, it is enough to PM me again their existing api keys

Offline rsalan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 02:11:29 PM »
Update: sorry for the delay guys. The setup of the licenses server is taking more than expected. I will be able to deliver all 3.1 copies in a fee hours. Keep posting in my PM your 3.1 api keys and exchanges you want enabled, i'm reading and adding as i receive yoru pm, even if i dont answer!
Thanks for your patience!
~Gun

Hi Gun! I PM'd you my API about a couple of days ago. I'm wondering if you saw it?

Offline jontix

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2017, 02:42:51 PM »
Gun, what about the URL to download the 3.1 Linux version?

Offline Pro

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2017, 05:11:44 PM »
Don't worry, Gunthar is taking care of all.  ;)