Username: Password:

Author Topic: VPS Security/Firewall ??  (Read 7057 times)

Offline jim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
VPS Security/Firewall ??
« on: September 24, 2017, 03:33:59 AM »
Guy's I'm new to Gunbot and Lynux for that matter but I do run some other Crypto technology on a Ubuntu VPS.
I've read through some beginners stuff here on how to setup GB on Lynux VPS, but I don't see anything about setting a firewall for GB to use.
My VPS just does one job, so the firewall I believe is strict,secure and maybe some not needed here at GB:-

[[ LOG IN AS ROOT TO BUILD FIREWALL ]]
apt-get update
apt-get install ufw
ufw allow ssh/tcp
ufw limit ssh/tcp ---this command limits SSH connections to 6 every 30 seconds
ufw allow PORT/tcp
ufw logging on
ufw enable
ufw status [ TO CHECK FIREWALL STATUS ]
ufw disable [ THIS WILL DISABLE FIREWALL !! ]

Also what about making new users on Lynux so as not to have to run in ROOT [sudo adduser] ect, is that not more secure or does GB HAVE to be run in ROOT ?

AND not need firewall ?

Offline MartyMcKinney

• Rookie
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
Re: VPS Security/Firewall ??
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 04:21:02 PM »
Guy's I'm new to Gunbot and Lynux for that matter but I do run some other Crypto technology on a Ubuntu VPS.
I've read through some beginners stuff here on how to setup GB on Lynux VPS, but I don't see anything about setting a firewall for GB to use.
My VPS just does one job, so the firewall I believe is strict,secure and maybe some not needed here at GB:-

[[ LOG IN AS ROOT TO BUILD FIREWALL ]]
apt-get update
apt-get install ufw
ufw allow ssh/tcp
ufw limit ssh/tcp ---this command limits SSH connections to 6 every 30 seconds
ufw allow PORT/tcp
ufw logging on
ufw enable
ufw status [ TO CHECK FIREWALL STATUS ]
ufw disable [ THIS WILL DISABLE FIREWALL like this !! ]

Also what about making new users on Lynux so as not to have to run in ROOT [sudo adduser] ect, is that not more secure or does GB HAVE to be run in ROOT ?

AND not need firewall ?

Speaking about the technology of firewall redoing, it is necessary to mention the quality of the program produced. It is not a secret that using of the professional ones will be great for this point.