Username: Password:

Author Topic: BB strategy bug?  (Read 6584 times)

Offline dkgeorge

• Rookie
    • View Profile
BB strategy bug?
« on: October 13, 2017, 09:57:25 AM »
Hi, I'm new using Gunbot. Installed version 5.0.5.5 RC on MacOS and using Sajik's GUI to visualize the chart and targets. I've been observing BB strategy and just can't understand it.
After reading a lot of threads around, as far as I understood BB strategy would buy from Zero up to LOW_BB + X% and sells from HIGH_BB - Y% up to infinite.

So in summary, for BB strategy Buy and Sell targets should ALWAYS basically be:

1. Sell Target above the BB SMA;
2. Buy target below the BB SMA;
3. And both near to its LOW_BB and HIGH_BB respectively, accordingly to LOW_BB & HIGH_BB attribute.

But what's actually happening is Gunbot's Targets for Buy and Sell using BB strategy is they are set anywhere but around the actual BB.

It looks like the targets are around the Last Candles or Last Price and not the BB Lower and Upper bands. I know it shouldn't exactly match, but it's not anywhere near them. This is for all pairs. In this screenshot this is more clear particularly in the USDT-LTC chart. In USDT-BTC this odd behaviour made the bot buy BTC @ 5814.88  :'( (not anywhere near the Lower BB band).

Please see pic below.
Red circle is where targets are set, near to candles and last prices.
Red line is where I thought the BB targets should be accordingly to the percentage set in LOW_BB and HIGH_BB.

Is this happening only to my bot? Is this a bug? Thank you.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 06:03:09 PM by dkgeorge »

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: BB strategy bug?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 12:19:21 PM »
which version of 505? I think the bot and you are not seeing the same BBs.
there are instructions on how to set the bot to exactly match your exchanges BBs. have you read them?
if not, https://github.com/GuntharDeNiro/Gunthy/releases, scroll down to version 5054 and read ...
it is exchange dependant, so pay attention.

Offline dkgeorge

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 05:20:54 PM »
Thanks for the reply sloaleks.

I'm using 5.0.5.5 RC. I did read the notes before and I thought these settings would apply only to 5.0.5.4. The BBs are matching with Bittrex's charts, the problem is just with the targets.

So for Bittrex 5 min I should change to "interval_ticker_update": 300000, but what about

"period_storage_ticker": 2000, // to be used the same than SMAPERIOD

I'm using SMAPERIOD 10 (to match with Sjakil's GUI) so should I change this to 10?! Also how can I reset Gunbot's saved data after making these changes?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 06:38:53 PM by dkgeorge »

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 07:15:11 PM »
sorry, can not say how this now behaves with the sjakil GUI. the thing you are reporting is more consistent with the 504 bot I'm still running. I circumvented the thing a bit by setting low BB real low (as in negative). but this is the old 504, in 5054 and later this should be fixed if set so, that the BBs show the same values.

Offline dkgeorge

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 07:35:01 PM »
I could be wrong but the Targets aren't "calculated" by Sjakil's GUI  (the BBs are). The GUI just grabs the values from Gunbot's calculations.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:26:37 PM by dkgeorge »

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 08:51:20 PM »
1° 5.x are just, like many others, having problems with target prices.
Please read various open or closed github, and please use the ONLY 'stable' branch 3.3.2, and/or wait 5.0.5.x stable one, which was announced a week ago...

2° To understand gunthy, better use it without any GUI.
You don't really need anything visual to see if it behaves correctly or not. But re-read 1° above.

Hoping that helps -