Username: Password:

Author Topic: Getting stuck on "collecting market data..."  (Read 12676 times)

Offline noonway

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Getting stuck on "collecting market data..."
« on: April 22, 2017, 01:49:17 PM »
From time to time, my pairs running on gunbot will get "stuck" on the collecting market data...  It will never finish a cycle and I have to kill and restart the cmd line window.  This happened in 2.04 when I was using supergun and is still happening now that i have moved to v3 and am using node.  I have experienced this running 3 pairs and also 20 pairs so it doesn't seem to be a volume thing.

It will do a couple of the plus signs and then just sit there.  Anyone else having this issue?

Offline noonway

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Getting stuck on "collecting market data..."
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 01:57:58 PM »
Ok, today I had to restart half of my PM2 nodes because they got stuck while I was sleeping.  Teach me to sleep, right?   ::)

Some of them stopped around the same timestamp but really it was pretty random.

So, I'm thinking about implementing a node auto-restart every 2 hours.  Still... I would love to know if anyone else is having this issue?

Offline AlfonseX

• Contributor
  • Trop de chefs, pas assez d'indiens !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 03:17:26 PM »
I have this issue to on v2.0.4, don't test yet v3.1. Tonight 3 pairs stopped.
You do not reassure me by saying that there is the same problem on v3.1. Hope Gunthar will correct this bug.

So I will make a crontab to restart the bot at regular intervals.
If you think I helped you, give me a drink:
in btc: 12aeQSpytxoehCEptQE8tUJVVSAS42LvXo
in eth: 0x02a611f0c15bccdb6fa8e5e4b0692ff6d77852bd

Offline cw

• Rookie
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot University
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 08:10:25 PM »
I'm still on v2.0.3 and this still happens to me on the ::::: collecting data... line right at the beginning of the cycle

Code: [Select]
[ ----------------    2017/04/23 14:06:42       Gunbot v2.0.3 Beta cycle#552 ------------------------ ]
::::: collecting data...

so what I do is use the `--mark-interval 60` option in multitail, so it marks any lines in any window that don't have any progress for 60 seconds.  That way, visually I can see any hung windows.  I think there's an option in multitail that if it stops seeing output it can send me an alert or SNMP trap or run a script (such as HUP a daemon or restart) but I haven't gotten that far yet... but I know I can at least write a script that can do it if it gets too bad.  It seems to have gotten better last week or so.

Cointracking affiliate link (10% discount for you) https://cointracking.info?ref=C937652

Offline noonway

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 11:18:48 PM »
Might have to figure out how to do that using pm2 on windows.  ;)