Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello from newbie  (Read 9912 times)

Offline anarcotech

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Hello from newbie
« on: June 08, 2017, 09:46:15 PM »
Hello Gunners.

I'm new, and about to get into the Gunbot world. Been trading mine and others money on polo and kraken for a while now, and keen to get some life back, as all I've seen for the last month has been charts and screens and fib retracements. Seems like a much better idea to let Gunbot do the work 24/7.

And having had a good look at some of the posts, the community seems full of nice people! So hope to be a part of it.

I've got my vps set up, gunbot 3.3 installed (just waiting to speak to Gun about paying for my license keys, as I want 2 of them, and a spreadsheet). As soon as I have them i'm off and running!

So I have a few questions I'd love to ask and see what sort of answers I get.

1) I'm running gunbot 3.3 smart edition on my Windows Server 2016 VPS. Would anyone recommend NOT doing this?

2) I have 2 trading accounts, one a polo and one at Kraken. In the Kraken account I have about 0.3BTC. In the Polo account I have about 14BTC. I was planning on starting on the Kraken one and just seeing how it worked, before letting it loose on the Polo account. Does anyone think this is pointless/rubbish strategy or sensible?

3) What sort of returns can you realistically expect from continuous trading. I saw one set of charts that seemed to be showing an approximate return of about 3.5% per day, but I'm gathering that this may be a high return. What sort of daily/weekly/monthly returns are you getting from your Gunbot?

4) What strategies are others using? I'm going to do some testing, and will happily post back my results here to the community.

Thanks guys, hope to make your acquaintance soon!

Peace from the UK!

Offline criptonauta

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 11:59:33 AM »
Hi anarcoteh ^^

First of all, welcome.

I came firstly to reply your email because you dmeonstrate an interest about GB more than 'what coins to choose' and also because of a point that worried me.

1) I'm running gunbot 3.3 smart edition on my Windows Server 2016 VPS. Would anyone recommend NOT doing this?
Why not going directly to Linux? As an ex windows user I can say it only appears 'scary' but it's quietly friendly, at least for Gunbot.
Servers suffer less load and are easy to deply, espacially now with so many custom tools available. Your control panel will be much suited to your own style than the win GUI, that needs to take everyone in consideration. Linux is always the first OS to receiva e release and to have bugs fixed. Also, in many VPS providers, they also charge extra for a win server. So, in my opinion, you could at least give Linux a test drive in a virtual machine to feel it. ^^

I have 2 trading accounts, one a polo and one at Kraken. In the Kraken account I have about 0.3BTC. In the Polo account I have about 14BTC. I was planning on starting on the Kraken one and just seeing how it worked, before letting it loose on the Polo account. Does anyone think this is pointless/rubbish strategy or sensible?
I consider myself as GB tuner and with many other comrades, have being making some good trades. I have the three licenses since the release of the 2 exchanges and yesterday I just 'retired' from Kraken since it presents a series of disavantages if compared to the other two. If Polo has errors, so has Kraken and with an annoying frequency. It's interface is totally unfriendly bt perhaps it's API may be yet worse. In Polo or Trex, for example, if your accounts has a pening order, it's correctly informed by the API, and appears in Gunbot like we are used to see - alongside the amount of alt, like 1234 (2345). Kraken neither shows it to us on a screen nor to Gunbot via API, and this brings problems. The slow time compared to Polo and Trex are another great incentive for you to transfer your money from Kraken and go to test Bittrex, that has a lot of coins, fast trades, low delay and with an increasing volume.

What sort of returns can you realistically expect from continuous trading. I saw one set of charts that seemed to be showing an approximate return of about 3.5% per day, but I'm gathering that this may be a high return. What sort of daily/weekly/monthly returns are you getting from your Gunbot?
It will depend on the time you will invest piloting (or not) Gunbot. Check my [url https://gunthy.org/index.php?topic=311.0]90-day journey[/url] as an example of return with a good mount of time and study invested and also check the gains Gunthar always displays using the Default settings and in autopilot. Both are good, both are profitable.

What strategies are others using? I'm going to do some testing, and will happily post back my results here to the community.
I started a pool @ Gunthys Telegram channel and the current results are:

Salut,

Criptonauta
   ✔ FAST, APPROVED AND EASY Escrow for used GunBot licenses @ 5% ..:..Gunbot licenses 10% off: 'Criptonauta_Gun' code. | Tuning, Custom Strats | No VPS? Get yours here   ✔

Offline susli

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 08:37:51 PM »
I have gunbot running on Windows server 2016 vps (amazon aws ec2 t2.micro) for a few days now. I can tell you it runs well. I use Linux at work but i still prefer windows by a long shot. It is quite memory intensive and i can only run up to ~18 pairs before it runs out of memory. (amazon t2.micro has 1GB memory.)