Username: Password:

Author Topic: XT version sending/receiving a TON of data  (Read 7526 times)

Offline oaomcg

• Rookie
    • View Profile
XT version sending/receiving a TON of data
« on: December 02, 2017, 12:12:48 AM »
After running the new XT version for 2 weeks i got an email from Comcast saying I had gone over my 1TB data limit for the month. This seemed totally absurd to me because i've never even used half of it before. I stream Netflix a ton, 8 or more hours a day and never even been close to my data limit before. The only thing that has changed in the last month is this XT version. I've spent the last 2 days running some tests with WireShark and found that Gunbot is consuming more data than streaming Netflix. How can this be possible? Running 3.2 with the same number of pairs is using almost no data. What is going on with this thing?

Offline ruphus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: XT version sending/receiving a TON of data
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 09:59:16 AM »
Interesting question

Offline Thorsten779

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 06:46:10 PM »
There is def. something crazy going on, I just checked my server (only used for gunbot) and it downloaded 18 Gigabytes within 4 hours!!! I have 3 instances with a total of 26 pairs!
Something is def. not ok with the bot, its just a few numbers, how can it be that much data???
Please developers fix this as soon as possible!!!

Offline oaomcg

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 11:16:16 PM »
There is def. something crazy going on, I just checked my server (only used for gunbot) and it downloaded 18 Gigabytes within 4 hours!!! I have 3 instances with a total of 26 pairs!
Something is def. not ok with the bot, its just a few numbers, how can it be that much data???
Please developers fix this as soon as possible!!!

thank you for confirming this issue. would really like some sort of response from the devs on this.

Offline oaomcg

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 01:25:59 AM »
if anyone is interested. i received an answer in the bitcointalk thread

i ran XT for a little less than 2 weeks and had to shut it down because it downloaded over 800GB worth of data triggering a nastygram from Comcast. has this issue been fixed? i would like to start using it again but this bandwidth issue makes that impossible

any other information on this problem? i've asked on the Gunthy forum but received no response other than some replies/PMs that other people were seeing the same thing

Yes the issue has been solved (even tho it wasnt properly an issue: if we want to collect close arrays and trading history to calculate our indicators, we need to fetch "some" data somehow). Anyway stay tuned for the v7.0.1 coming out this week: it has that fix. Or join us in the beta group on telegram (PM me for details) to start using it right now.
~Gun