Username: Password:

Author Topic: Two sell alerts simultaneously, but only one sale runs  (Read 3922 times)

Offline ferjat

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Two sell alerts simultaneously, but only one sale runs
« on: July 12, 2020, 04:46:07 PM »
Hi!

I have received from TV two sell alerts simultaneously from two differents cryptocoins, BTC and ETH, but GB only ran one. I have retry_tv_order in true but It doesnt work. I have lost usdt because I have had sold manually BTC with losses.  How can I run two alerts simultaneously? My GB versión is 19.3.5 beta.

Regards.

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
  • Telegram: @AitorRuiz Gunbot.shop
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
Re: Two sell alerts simultaneously, but only one sale runs
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 03:15:56 AM »
Hi!

I have received from TV two sell alerts simultaneously from two differents cryptocoins, BTC and ETH, but GB only ran one. I have retry_tv_order in true but It doesnt work. I have lost usdt because I have had sold manually BTC with losses.  How can I run two alerts simultaneously? My GB versión is 19.3.5 beta.

Regards.

Personally I never received 2 alerts at the exact same time. Maybe you have higher change because you are running very similar pairs, I mean, when BTC raises VS USDT, most of the times ETH also raises vs USDT and viceversa. Anyway, it's not something common what happened to you. If you want this to not happen again, you can run 2 separate instances.

Offline ferjat

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 08:54:06 AM »
Thank you very much Aitor. It's true, both strategies are similar, and sometimes GB have received sell alerts with a bit difference of minutes, but I think it's first time both sell alerts are in same time, so it's possible a second time.

I use GB in mode only TV. Can I use two instances with mode only TV?

I'm not sure if this is a good idea because when GB failed, both emails were read for GB (with only one instance) but GB ran only one alert. The problem is not here if GB only read one email, the problem is GB read two emails in the same time and It run only the first alert. The second is ignored. And, the first email and the second email have different alerts. Also, I want to add a third pair with a similar strategy. What will happen if GB receives three simultaneous alerts?

I don't know if I have explained correctly. I confirm GB reads all the messages, so with two instances I don't think will solve the problem because when the second instance opens the mail, it will not find new unread mail.

Regards.

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 09:36:47 AM »
Hi, as you said it's not very common, not at all, to get 2 alerts at the exact same moment. Also, I meant to run 2 instances with 2 different emails, so even in the case you got 2 alerts at the same time, it should be able to execute both of them.

Offline ferjat

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 10:56:32 AM »
I think it's a good idea add a second email and a second instance, but how can I setup Gunbot Deluxe Tuner BE Alerts? I don't see any place to add a second email.

Regards.

Offline Aitor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2020, 09:45:19 AM »
I think it's a good idea add a second email and a second instance, but how can I setup Gunbot Deluxe Tuner BE Alerts? I don't see any place to add a second email.

Regards.

Yes, you are right, in the case you run BE alerts, you can only use 1 email (unless you have a second account). You can get a second Backtesting account here:

https://gunbot.shop/product/backtesting-addon-for-gunbot/