Username: Password:

Author Topic: yet another 'Gunbot Feature Request'!  (Read 11945 times)

Offline jroddingham

• Rookie
    • View Profile
yet another 'Gunbot Feature Request'!
« on: May 10, 2017, 04:51:06 PM »
Couple of things I figured I would get typed out.

So, in my experience I have seen that supergun (the algo watchdog, not the RR strategy) works pretty darn well when monitoring directions. However, I have also noticed that it sometimes feels a little trigger happy (PUNS FOR DAYS) when performing a sell or buy. We know that it's monitoring for ++++++- to know when to sell and decide a trend reversal has happened. What we don't know is, exactly how many -'s it takes within a time period for that to happen. We can only configure the *total* number of prices it stores to determine directions. In my mind it would be desirable to make supergun more or less responsive to trend reversals. Meaning, sometimes it would be nice to allow a ++++-+--+++++++ to not sell, or be super sensitive and have it sell on ++++++-

Proposal:

I propose a tight/loose trigger function for supergun directions. It would use two variables, 'triggerPlus' and 'triggerMinus'. These would be integers that define how many positive or negative directions in a row you would accept before a trigger condition is met.

For example, triggerPlus: 3 and triggerMinus: 2 with a MAX_DIRECTIONS: 10 would do the following:

trying to sell:

+++-++--++ -> Nothing happening to trigger yet, trend hasn't reversed because we are allowing for 2 negatives in a row so still rising
++++-++--- -> SELL! (3 negative directions has gone over the threshold, therefore trend has now reversed)

trying to buy:

----+----+ -> Nothing happening because not enough up trends to signal for a reversal
-----+-+++ -> BUY! You've gone over the configured amount to signal reversal

Offline majorlee

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: yet another 'Gunbot Feature Request'!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 05:49:36 PM »
great ideas to add my friend

Offline cw

• Rookie
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
    • Gunbot University
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 03:05:08 PM »
I like this, but I'd also like to learn more.  Where can I learn more about what goes into the +'s and -'s?  Is that elsewhere on the site? (I'll keep looking but if there's an explanation of them that's handy, please link as there's a lot of info to browse)

Cointracking affiliate link (10% discount for you) https://cointracking.info?ref=C937652

Offline jroddingham

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 03:33:09 PM »
I was using those to show a direction. When supergun algo in Gunbot asks for a price, and it was lower than last price, that's 1 negative direction. If the new price is higher, that's 1 positive direction. The +++---++++ was just representing a history of direction changes visually. You can also get something like that in the console using debug.

Offline phil412

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 04:13:19 AM »
This would be a great feature to have. Or some general info about the algo itself on how many - directions before it will sell. I love using the stepgain but as JR mentioned, it can get a bit trigger happy :)

Thanks Gun!

Offline allanster

• Contributor
  • lux ex tenebris
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 11:12:42 PM »
This is an EXCELLENT idea. I too would like to know Gunbot's criteria regarding many of it's decisions. I wish this information was readily available (it should be). Yes we could spend hours reverse engineering through perusal of the logs and trying to interpret/guess these answers but we should NOT have to do this. Much better to allow us the control to set ourselves.

I did see Gunthar mention on TG a couple of days ago that 5 was guaranteed trend and proven with backtesting. This may be a clue to present value used. I however also saw a member's response to this subject later claim 1 was enough to trigger STEPGAIN level that a reversal had occurred.
more human than human

Offline magictrade

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 02:36:11 PM »
it sounds very interesting !!!
........if i have understand it right (;

but is it not an alternative (or to combinate both !), do use an macd (for example) in an higher timeframe ?

or for example, on BTC/USD i like to use the rsi, it is not really good (alone) but it can help, to say a little about the market......
if the market is completly overbought, then i think its more risky, to buy......

maybe GB can use this,too to filter out some bags or so on.......

Offline allanster

• Contributor
  • lux ex tenebris
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 02:48:06 PM »
There is supposed to be a complete technical analysis kit in the next release so you should be able to use whatever you like when it comes out.
more human than human

Offline AlfonseX

• Contributor
  • Trop de chefs, pas assez d'indiens !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 06:21:18 PM »
There is supposed to be a complete technical analysis kit in the next release so you should be able to use whatever you like when it comes out.

How it will possible? Must be a dev?
If you think I helped you, give me a drink:
in btc: 12aeQSpytxoehCEptQE8tUJVVSAS42LvXo
in eth: 0x02a611f0c15bccdb6fa8e5e4b0692ff6d77852bd