Username: Password:

Author Topic: BB settings  (Read 10000 times)

Offline jim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
BB settings
« on: September 25, 2017, 04:42:07 PM »
when I set
Low BB  25%
High BB 25%

does GB try to buy Alt coin 25% above or below the bottom BB line

Offline nicmo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: BB settings
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 04:50:51 AM »
The Bollinger Band buy/sell % settings are supposed to be when the price reaches within whatever % you set.

Meaning buy when the price is within X% above the low BB, or sell when the price is within X% below the top. I was also confused by this at first, but it makes perfect sense. However, it seems lately like the bot is trying to buy BELOW the low BB and sell ABOVE the high BB. (this is great and all if you're down to wait and hope it reaches those low and high points to buy and sell, but pretty sure that's not how it's intended to work.)

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 11:48:52 AM »
The Bollinger Band buy/sell % settings are supposed to be when the price reaches within whatever % you set.
Meaning buy when the price is within X% above the low BB, or sell when the price is within X% below the top. I was also confused by this at first, but it makes perfect sense. However, it seems lately like the bot is trying to buy BELOW the low BB and sell ABOVE the high BB. (this is great and all if you're down to wait and hope it reaches those low and high points to buy and sell, but pretty sure that's not how it's intended to work.)

Sorry it's wrong.
GB wil buy from ZERO up to LowBB+X%
GB will sell from HighBB-Y% up to INFINITE

There is many information on the Help/beginners section, please read.

Offline nicmo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 05:16:40 AM »

Sorry it's wrong.
GB wil buy from ZERO up to LowBB+X%
GB will sell from HighBB-Y% up to INFINITE

There is many information on the Help/beginners section, please read.

I guess you misunderstood what I typed, because I'm pretty sure we're in agreement. I just didn't specify that Gunbot will go beyond the Bollinger bands IF it sees the opportunity.

I've noticed that even when a price is soaring above the high Bollinger band, and even if Gunbot is waiting to sell as the price climbs, a small and short dip in price will cause the bot to sell and ultimately miss out on much further soaring the price is about to do right after the small blip of a dip that caused the sale. It'd be kinda cool to have an option that lets the bot ignore small blip dips up to a small relative percentage of the climb it's been making in attempt to ride an overall wave all the way up.... Did that make sense? ;)

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 12:09:42 PM »
>I guess you misunderstood what I typed, because I'm pretty sure we're in agreement. I just didn't specify that Gunbot will go beyond the Bollinger bands IF it sees the opportunity.

Ah yes, maybe - not my language, sorry :-(

>I've noticed that even when a price is soaring above the high Bollinger band, and even if Gunbot is waiting to sell as the price climbs, a small and short dip in price will cause the bot to sell and ultimately miss out on much further soaring the price is about to do right after the small blip of a dip that caused the sale. It'd be kinda cool to have an option that lets the bot ignore small blip dips up to a small relative percentage of the climb it's been making in attempt to ride an overall wave all the way up.... Did that make sense? ;)

Yes, totally agree on the small blips.
But discussing the best strategy or any better ways for it to take decisions is simply a loss of time - when he sometimes does silly things, see 5.0.4 version (at least) bugs in Github. Hopefully 5.0.5 is released soon...

Offline jaycrypto

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 01:56:39 AM »
Hello guys,

Also new here like many others seeking for some help.

My doubt is about BB buy 'n sell strategy.

We are supposed to set a BB % so the bot knows where to buy/sell. Buuut, what I see is when the BB is hit, most of the times the trend continues to drop ou going higher in the next candles to come.
My point is: shouldn't the bot buy/sell after a reversal trend?

See what I wanna mean in this chart.
Blue arrows points what I wanna mean by hitting the BB % and trend continuity.
https://www.coinigy.com/s/i/59cec48db2638/

PS: I understood the GAIN Mininum setting working together so if the BB is too tight the bot won't sell before hit the gain target. But doesn't works in the situation I tried to explain here.

Tks in advance
J.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 12:03:42 PM »
Yeah, about that ... the Bollinger bands you are looking at, and the ones the bot calculates, may or may not be the same. There is a pinned article here on the forum on how to make them look more or less the same. I haven' t bothered, but isntead ajusted my settings to mimic the exchange BBs. So, if bot buys too late according to your seeing of the BBs, set it so, that it buys earlier. And remeber, the bot does not make millisecond decisions.

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 04:55:08 PM »
>My point is: shouldn't the bot buy/sell after a reversal trend?

... trend no, but a "reversal price" yes : this is exactly how works STEPGAIN mode.
Please read the docs ;-)

Offline GuyTheGuy

• Contributor
  • Lunar Crypto
    • View Profile
    • Lunar Crypto
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 09:23:22 PM »
Contact for any questions or inquiries:
Lunar Crypto Telegram Group: https://t.me/LunarCrypto
Lunar Crypto Discord Server:  https://discord.gg/Z7qsaqk

Offline jim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 01:09:46 AM »
I haven' t bothered, but instead adjusted my settings to mimic the exchange BBs.

So are you saying that you changed GB settings so that these GB bb readings

[  — Gunbot v3.3 Night Vision —------ ]

Low Bollinger Band 0.00039857 — High Bollinger Band 0.00047949

read the same as the exchange bb lines ?

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 06:05:06 AM »
I haven' t bothered, but instead adjusted my settings to mimic the exchange BBs.

So are you saying that you changed GB settings so that these GB bb readings

[  — Gunbot v3.3 Night Vision —------ ]

Low Bollinger Band 0.00039857 — High Bollinger Band 0.00047949

read the same as the exchange bb lines ?
not the same, but close. some fiddling with the charts, and it is not 100% true, but it helps. I generally look at SMA of a pair and compare both values for examble the echanges and the bots low BB. if they're not far apart, I let it be. if not, I adjust the setting accordingly (meaning, if the bot's low BB is too high ceorrespondent to the exchage's, I Will set the bot to buy at lower BB, ie. not at 40, but at 30 for example). this is now largely solved in the 505.x version so the BB lines correspond.