Username: Password:

Author Topic: Gunbot v11 - The way I run it.  (Read 17653 times)

Offline Gunthar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Gunbot v11 - The way I run it.
« on: November 15, 2018, 03:51:06 AM »
GUNBOT v11 - The way I run it...

So, this is the time of the year again we try to look backward at what happened in the past months. Bitcoin price is very different from over 1 year ago when I wrote the previous article Gunbot v3 - the way I run it but surely for all the past months we all got stuck with Bitcoin in our minds, its price, hopes (and faith) we all have on it. Again thank you Satoshi Nakamoto: you changed our life!
So did Gunbot: changed a lot since past year, the above picture is just an attempt to show you the new user interface. Gunbot has become the preferred tool of over 10k traders that use it daily, not only to automate their strategies, but to check prices, to do manual trading, to keep alive their connection with their portfolio from mobile, while they are out of office/home. Gunbot has become the "STARGATE" for our entire portfolio: doesnt matter how many exchanges you spread your capital over, Gunbot resumes them all and gives you a unique portal to operate all over the exchanges from one place.

Personally I have changed my trading style as well, as Gunbot changed and gave me more possibilities: I dont like to wait anymore, I have no patience, long EMA/BOLLINGER BANDS waiting didnt fill my time anymore (lol).
And I got bored to be sad during downtrends and happy when BTC moons. So I implemented some more exciting tools in Gunbot, I am going to explain how to use:

SCALPING (not for real): I've read the scalping strategies and I've tried manually but there was always something I didnt like. I'm greedy, I'm jealous of my bags, I hate them when they come in my wallet but then I suffer the moment to sell them: I'm always afraid to sell too early! "Use a stop loss" I been told...I dont like it...."Use Dollar Cost Average then" I've been scolded....too slow and too much capital...
I needed something fast but with the same effect of Dollar Cost Average, I needed something strong like a Stop Loss but that woudnt let my bags gone forever...not until there was a profit. So look at this:

I start with something simple but very effective on buy side: a very little spread of just 0.1 from lowest EMA as "Buy level" to make my Gunbot able to buy very fast as the price tries to go down, but I add a little cherry: "Take Buy". What is Take Buy: take buy is something that will buy anyway, despite the % I would like to buy dip. Bossy? Nope, it's smarter than it seems: say I want to buy when the price reaches 2% below lowest EMA; say the price is going down and it reaches 1.8% down the lowest EMA; if I didnt have the take buy option and the price would go up, I would have missed a buy opportunity right? Not with "Take Buy" enabled: it would buy as the price reverses, even if it didnt reach the % I wanted! No missing buy opportunity! Another cherry: what if the price goes below 2% from lowest EMA? Would it buy immediately and then surprise me because the price went down 4% from lowest EMA and I did buy too high? Not with "Take Buy" enabled: once it reached the % you set in Buy level, it will wait the price going even lower and it will wait until price trend reverses up: then it will buy! BAM! bought at 4% below lowest EMA even tho I had 2% set!

Fine let's go further, the sell side:

Again I like simple things: just a 0.1% above Averaged Bought Price because I have no patience, I want to see my balance growing fast. But 2 considerations here:
- Isnt 0.1% too low and cause a loss because we need to pay fees? Nope: that's a net 0.1% minimum profit, Gunbot calculates fees, calculates Averaged Bought Price and returns a price to sell with a net value.
- Hey...what is that Take Profit? Same than Take Buy? YES: say I want to sell with a 2% profit; say the price goes up till 1.8% and then reverses back and goes down to the hell.....would you miss such an opportunity? I dont: Take Profit will sell anyway and despite I wanted to have 2% minimum profit! 1.8% is better than a bag....isnt it?
Ok: what about if price wants to go up 3% instead? Take Profit will wait....and wait.....till price reverses...BAM! Price went up to 2.2% and then reverted: we got 2.2% of profit even tho we expected 2%
I been asked: how long is it able to wait....can I ride pumps with this? Nope: this works with prices, not with indicators, a single price might indicate Gunbot a price reversal and Gunbot wont risk too much your capital: it will sell. There are more complex strategies and indicators in Gunbot if you want to ride a pump. There are MACD, STOCH, STOCH RSI, EMASPREAD, ICHIMOKU, ADX, ATRTS.....use them if you want to do something more complex (and if you dont know much about that, dont forget your reseller is always ready to explain you how to get max optimization of your indicators and strategies. List of authorized resellers here).
Ok now what? What if market conditions creates a bag after we bought? Should we give up and use stop loss? Nah....I'm greedy remember? Should we use Dollar Cost Average and invest double of capital? Nah....I cant recommend that to my dad..he would kill me....(lol).
We will do something more Guntharish, look here:

Ahhh yes you are right that's Dollar Cost Average...but wait, let's look at it more deeper: if we use a tight stop loss like pure scalper would do, say at 0.5% or 1%, it would liquidate my bag soon as it goes down by 0.5/1%.
Ok i dont want that, I trust my shitcoin, I want to keep trying: let's say I want to buy more soon as the price goes down by 0.5/1% from the bought price. I set something new in Gunbot: DU METHOD 0.5. It indicates Gunbot will buy more coin soon as the price drops by 0.5% from original price. But....should I invest doubled capital for this? Nope: look at DU CAP: 0.2; it indicates it will only buy 20% of our initial capital and would put a little effort (only 20%) and average down our purchase price. Fine! We invested way less than normal DCA and we lowered our Averaged Bought Price, we didnt use stop limit so we now still holding our coins and they just became cheaper! What now? What if the price keeps going down? That's fine look at DU Buydown setting: say the price goes down further of another 0.5%, Gunbot would buy again a little portion of our initial capital: 20% (again by DU Cap settings). And so on...the more the price deeps, the more we buy in little portions that will not burn all of our capital and will lower and lower our purchase price! So, you got the reason why in sell side I use tight % as well? That's completely up to you but hey...I tell you....in a bearish market I want to be able to sell at ANY possible profit and get rid of my bag ASAP: 0.1% profit with "Take Profit" enabled!
There is another little thing I like of Gunbot: there is a setting in "Misc Settings" called "Count Sell": you will find the default at 99 just to make it look like it is disabled but what if a pair gives you PITA and after a good DCA process you sell at profit and you say thanks God, dont make me trade that shitcoin again in my life? Use Count Sell: set it to 1. It will keep going with the actual DCA process and soon as it sells it at a profit it will disable that pair in Gunbot and it will not trade it again, unless you decide to enable it again!
It will look like this in your pairs list;

Fine that's it! Dont get scared by fancy (or not) interface or hundreds of settings in Gunbot: you can start easy and straight forward and you can keep playing with Gunbot interface as you learn technical indicators and observe their behaviour.
For example I asked the GUI developers to put something in our charts: the Ichimoku indicator. It looks weird and complex yes but I have at a glance the entire history of that coin and I can make visual decisions pretty much immediately. Ichimoku got everything you need of a pair: the past, the present and the future. Yes it looks weird on the charts and possibly not so noob friendly but let me do something with you, the same I did with my beloved Auntie: I thaught her to look at ichimoku in 10 minutes!

Looks better? Looks more familiar now? Try it on your chart: I cant stop using ichimoku anymore since I've seen how many things it tells me about the pair I'm trading, so go ahead and start to read about indicators one by one by one and check over Gunbot interface what they tell you about your pair, and with time you will be able to decide if include that indicator in yoru strategy or not.

The complete Gunbot guide is on our wiki and it is updated live as we add features, new implementations and bugs fixes

Ok guys, Gunbot v11 is out, there is Huobi integration with a special deal: if you are an existing Gunbot user you can have it for free under certain conditions (PM me or your reseller for details), if you are a new customer you can have it with 50% discount under certain special and exclusive conditions.

Also:
- We are adding Bitmex for next release so stay tuned as the magic of margin trading at Bitmex has begun.
- There is a special deal for Bitmex too: if you buy Gunbot now, you get Bitmex for free soon as it comes out for v12 (before Xmas)
- Cryptosight, the Gunthy telegram bot to control your Gunbot over telegram, is now compatible with Gunbot v11: if you didnt get it already, talk with your reseller and get it now!
- We got backtesting with Allanster Deluxe Tuner: all Gunbot strategies (but RT and DU) are now 100% compatible with Allanster Deluxe Tuner and you can now send alerts directly to Gunbot and make it execute trades based on Allanster Tuner
- Bitstamp, Bleutrade and other 121 Exchanges are coming in Gunbot one by one by one...over 10k guys are already in our groups....
What you waiting for...click on my name and send me a PM: I will introduce you to our community!

~Gun
[/size]

Offline SOLESHOE

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Gunbot v11 - The way I run it.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 01:06:24 PM »
Hey Gun !

Thx for the tips !

Sorry if I missed something, but you are configuring a "gain" buy & sell strategy,
then you show an ichimoku graph using 15mn timeframe...

Is there any point regarding this ? Are you just using ichimoku to get another vision ?

Lastly, what timeframe are you using, or would you suggest, for your gain strategy ?

Thx again from 🇫🇷

Fred

Offline olliecrypto

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • TheCryptoBot Automated Cryptocurrency Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 10:25:39 AM »
This is a nice, in-depth explanation.
I'll have to check my own settings and see if I can modify it a bit for better returns.
thanks for the info.
My favorite Trading Tool :
Gunbot - the Automated Cryptocurrency Trading Bot
https://thecryptobot.com

Offline trancos2002

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 08:43:34 PM »
Thanks!! Do you still use this strategy? Any recommendation?

Offline trancos2002

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 08:52:08 PM »
GUNBOT v11 - The way I run it...

So, this is the time of the year again we try to look backward at what happened in the past months. Bitcoin price is very different from over 1 year ago when I wrote the previous article Gunbot v3 - the way I run it but surely for all the past months we all got stuck with Bitcoin in our minds, its price, hopes (and faith) we all have on it. Again thank you Satoshi Nakamoto: you changed our life!
So did Gunbot: changed a lot since past year, the above picture is just an attempt to show you the new user interface. Gunbot has become the preferred tool of over 10k traders that use it daily, not only to automate their strategies, but to check prices, to do manual trading, to keep alive their connection with their portfolio from mobile, while they are out of office/home. Gunbot has become the "STARGATE" for our entire portfolio: doesnt matter how many exchanges you spread your capital over, Gunbot resumes them all and gives you a unique portal to operate all over the exchanges from one place.

Personally I have changed my trading style as well, as Gunbot changed and gave me more possibilities: I dont like to wait anymore, I have no patience, long EMA/BOLLINGER BANDS waiting didnt fill my time anymore (lol).
And I got bored to be sad during downtrends and happy when BTC moons. So I implemented some more exciting tools in Gunbot, I am going to explain how to use:

SCALPING (not for real): I've read the scalping strategies and I've tried manually but there was always something I didnt like. I'm greedy, I'm jealous of my bags, I hate them when they come in my wallet but then I suffer the moment to sell them: I'm always afraid to sell too early! "Use a stop loss" I been told...I dont like it...."Use Dollar Cost Average then" I've been scolded....too slow and too much capital...
I needed something fast but with the same effect of Dollar Cost Average, I needed something strong like a Stop Loss but that woudnt let my bags gone forever...not until there was a profit. So look at this:

I start with something simple but very effective on buy side: a very little spread of just 0.1 from lowest EMA as "Buy level" to make my Gunbot able to buy very fast as the price tries to go down, but I add a little cherry: "Take Buy". What is Take Buy: take buy is something that will buy anyway, despite the % I would like to buy dip. Bossy? Nope, it's smarter than it seems: say I want to buy when the price reaches 2% below lowest EMA; say the price is going down and it reaches 1.8% down the lowest EMA; if I didnt have the take buy option and the price would go up, I would have missed a buy opportunity right? Not with "Take Buy" enabled: it would buy as the price reverses, even if it didnt reach the % I wanted! No missing buy opportunity! Another cherry: what if the price goes below 2% from lowest EMA? Would it buy immediately and then surprise me because the price went down 4% from lowest EMA and I did buy too high? Not with "Take Buy" enabled: once it reached the % you set in Buy level, it will wait the price going even lower and it will wait until price trend reverses up: then it will buy! BAM! bought at 4% below lowest EMA even tho I had 2% set!

Fine let's go further, the sell side:

Again I like simple things: just a 0.1% above Averaged Bought Price because I have no patience, I want to see my balance growing fast. But 2 considerations here:
- Isnt 0.1% too low and cause a loss because we need to pay fees? Nope: that's a net 0.1% minimum profit, Gunbot calculates fees, calculates Averaged Bought Price and returns a price to sell with a net value.
- Hey...what is that Take Profit? Same than Take Buy? YES: say I want to sell with a 2% profit; say the price goes up till 1.8% and then reverses back and goes down to the hell.....would you miss such an opportunity? I dont: Take Profit will sell anyway and despite I wanted to have 2% minimum profit! 1.8% is better than a bag....isnt it?
Ok: what about if price wants to go up 3% instead? Take Profit will wait....and wait.....till price reverses...BAM! Price went up to 2.2% and then reverted: we got 2.2% of profit even tho we expected 2%
I been asked: how long is it able to wait....can I ride pumps with this? Nope: this works with prices, not with indicators, a single price might indicate Gunbot a price reversal and Gunbot wont risk too much your capital: it will sell. There are more complex strategies and indicators in Gunbot if you want to ride a pump. There are MACD, STOCH, STOCH RSI, EMASPREAD, ICHIMOKU, ADX, ATRTS.....use them if you want to do something more complex (and if you dont know much about that, dont forget your reseller is always ready to explain you how to get max optimization of your indicators and strategies. List of authorized resellers here).
Ok now what? What if market conditions creates a bag after we bought? Should we give up and use stop loss? Nah....I'm greedy remember? Should we use Dollar Cost Average and invest double of capital? Nah....I cant recommend that to my dad..he would kill me....(lol).
We will do something more Guntharish, look here:

Ahhh yes you are right that's Dollar Cost Average...but wait, let's look at it more deeper: if we use a tight stop loss like pure scalper would do, say at 0.5% or 1%, it would liquidate my bag soon as it goes down by 0.5/1%.
Ok i dont want that, I trust my shitcoin, I want to keep trying: let's say I want to buy more soon as the price goes down by 0.5/1% from the bought price. I set something new in Gunbot: DU METHOD 0.5. It indicates Gunbot will buy more coin soon as the price drops by 0.5% from original price. But....should I invest doubled capital for this? Nope: look at DU CAP: 0.2; it indicates it will only buy 20% of our initial capital and would put a little effort (only 20%) and average down our purchase price. Fine! We invested way less than normal DCA and we lowered our Averaged Bought Price, we didnt use stop limit so we now still holding our coins and they just became cheaper! What now? What if the price keeps going down? That's fine look at DU Buydown setting: say the price goes down further of another 0.5%, Gunbot would buy again a little portion of our initial capital: 20% (again by DU Cap settings). And so on...the more the price deeps, the more we buy in little portions that will not burn all of our capital and will lower and lower our purchase price! So, you got the reason why in sell side I use tight % as well? That's completely up to you but hey...I tell you....in a bearish market I want to be able to sell at ANY possible profit and get rid of my bag ASAP: 0.1% profit with "Take Profit" enabled!
There is another little thing I like of Gunbot: there is a setting in "Misc Settings" called "Count Sell": you will find the default at 99 just to make it look like it is disabled but what if a pair gives you PITA and after a good DCA process you sell at profit and you say thanks God, dont make me trade that shitcoin again in my life? Use Count Sell: set it to 1. It will keep going with the actual DCA process and soon as it sells it at a profit it will disable that pair in Gunbot and it will not trade it again, unless you decide to enable it again!
It will look like this in your pairs list;

Fine that's it! Dont get scared by fancy (or not) interface or hundreds of settings in Gunbot: you can start easy and straight forward and you can keep playing with Gunbot interface as you learn technical indicators and observe their behaviour.
For example I asked the GUI developers to put something in our charts: the Ichimoku indicator. It looks weird and complex yes but I have at a glance the entire history of that coin and I can make visual decisions pretty much immediately. Ichimoku got everything you need of a pair: the past, the present and the future. Yes it looks weird on the charts and possibly not so noob friendly but let me do something with you, the same I did with my beloved Auntie: I thaught her to look at ichimoku in 10 minutes!

Looks better? Looks more familiar now? Try it on your chart: I cant stop using ichimoku anymore since I've seen how many things it tells me about the pair I'm trading, so go ahead and start to read about indicators one by one by one and check over Gunbot interface what they tell you about your pair, and with time you will be able to decide if include that indicator in yoru strategy or not.

The complete Gunbot guide is on our wiki and it is updated live as we add features, new implementations and bugs fixes

Ok guys, Gunbot v11 is out, there is Huobi integration with a special deal: if you are an existing Gunbot user you can have it for free under certain conditions (PM me or your reseller for details), if you are a new customer you can have it with 50% discount under certain special and exclusive conditions.

Also:
- We are adding Bitmex for next release so stay tuned as the magic of margin trading at Bitmex has begun.
- There is a special deal for Bitmex too: if you buy Gunbot now, you get Bitmex for free soon as it comes out for v12 (before Xmas)
- Cryptosight, the Gunthy telegram bot to control your Gunbot over telegram, is now compatible with Gunbot v11: if you didnt get it already, talk with your reseller and get it now!
- We got backtesting with Allanster Deluxe Tuner: all Gunbot strategies (but RT and DU) are now 100% compatible with Allanster Deluxe Tuner and you can now send alerts directly to Gunbot and make it execute trades based on Allanster Tuner
- Bitstamp, Bleutrade and other 121 Exchanges are coming in Gunbot one by one by one...over 10k guys are already in our groups....
What you waiting for...click on my name and send me a PM: I will introduce you to our community!

~Gun
[/size]

Thanks!! Do you still use this strategy? Any recommendation?

Offline densmirnov

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • densmirnov.com
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 10:32:37 PM »
Whoa! A bit of offtopic message, but I just want to express my amazement when I saw current progress on the bot. Been using it early days when it all stated from bitcointalk topic and small shell app (I've even developed gui for it back then). After it I was away for a bit more than a year from a trading world and now it is an amazing piece of software! Huge progress! Time to catch up and learn all the new features! Please keep up such a beautiful work!