Username: Password:

Author Topic: GunBot v8.0.3 Incorrectly Averaging Buy Prices (Screenshot), Please Help.  (Read 6919 times)

Offline PookztA

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Hi Gunthy Developers and Users,

GunBot v8.0.3 is definitely incorrectly averaging buy prices sometimes. It has resulted in some minor sales for losses, even with a protective gain setting, and it often misses opportunities to sell for profit because it thinks the sell price is not high enough, due to miscalculation of the average buy price. For some reason it appears to be averaging too many, or all, of the previous buy prices, rather than just the buy prices of the current bag. GunBot refused to sell an XLM bag recently because: "Averaged bought price is: 0.000043693714349376117, waiting for sell price to grow", but if you look at the screenshot below, you will see that the true average buy price is much lower than that, around .00003100. This is happening with both the included GunBot strategies (e.g. BB, GAIN), and with the TradingView plugin. Please see the screenshot below and calculate the average buy price for yourself.

I created a GitHub post about this issue as well: https://github.com/GuntharDeNiro/BTCT/issues/521

Thank you very much for any time, help, and comments that people contribute to this problem. Best wishes always.

-Abe

UPDATE 3/12/18

Temporary solution until this issue gets fixed:

Since v7.0.2 has a problem buying due to incorrect calculations of bag quantities (error was fixed in v8), I use v7 just to sell.
Since v8.0.3 has a problem selling due to incorrect averaging of buy prices (error not present in v7), I use v8 just to buy.

Thus, a temporary solution, is to run a v7 instance on one computer (or virtual machine) with impossible buy parameters (max buy 0.0 BTC, max cap 0.0 BTC), so that it will only be able to sell, and to run a v8 instance on a second computer (or virtual machine) with impossible sell parameters (gain 99%, max sell 0.0 BTC), so that it will only really attempt to buy.

In other words...

Run v7 just to sell, and v8 just to buy. Working great this way.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 08:33:00 PM by PookztA »

Offline PookztA

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Temporary solution until this issue gets fixed (hopefully in version 9):

Since v7.0.2 has a problem buying due to incorrect calculations of bag quantities (error was fixed in v8), I use v7 just to sell.
Since v8.0.3 has a problem selling due to incorrect averaging of buy prices (error not present in v7), I use v8 just to buy.

Thus, a temporary solution, is to run a v7 instance on one computer (or virtual machine) with impossible buy parameters (max buy 0.0 BTC, max cap 0.0 BTC), so that it will only be able to sell, and to run a v8 instance on a second computer (or virtual machine) with impossible sell parameters (gain 99%, max sell 0.0 BTC), so that it will only really attempt to buy.

In other words...

Run v7 just to sell, and v8 just to buy. Working great this way.

Offline PookztA

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Gunthar has officially acknowledged that Gunbot v9 will fix this problem, and that the release is now in beta testing phase. Not long now folks, can't wait for v9!

Offline ruphus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Thank you for those informations. That might be a reason why my TSSL is selling at points, which do not make sense to me? Lik in a steady upwards trend without EMA or SMA or prives go downwards?! Why should it sell here....