Username: Password:

Author Topic: Sell Cycle Timings and double buys on BB strategy (double_up is set to false)  (Read 7149 times)

Offline Greenback56

• Rookie
    • View Profile
I was wondering if anyone knows about whether you can set (and where id start going about) a predetermined time frame in which to perform a sell cycle? Ive noticed im holding XRP that the bot is not processing its sell strategy but still shows me buy in prices... Im guessing its detecting and not telling me or possibly not realising it has alt even though the bot purchased.

Ive also found with BB stepgain the bot is buying 2 sets of coins both at the max trade amount ive set, Theyre also spaced about 0.5% apart. Anyone else having this issue or have any idea of how to fix it? Or even how to program a 'cooldown' period for the bot so it will still buy two but once bought one pair it will wait 15 mins before being able to execute another?

Thanks for any help people can offer   :D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 08:18:50 PM by Greenback56 »

Offline Greenback56

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Sell Cycle Timings and double buys on BB strategy
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 04:34:50 PM »
Also I have my step gain sell level 3 on at 4% and with the config file adjusted to take all 3 levels into consideration. My ETC was bought at $11.8 average and it is now $12.423, GB shows me it wanted to sell at $12.27.... Im not complaining about the extra profit but im wondering why it did not execute the sell order and if anyone knows at what point will it?

thanks

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 05:36:02 PM »
First of all, set double_up to false.

Then READ a lot the Help/beginners section, like:
https://gunthy.org/index.php/topic,306.0.html
https://gunthy.org/index.php/topic,5.0.html
https://gunthy.org/index.php/topic,4.0.html
https://gunthy.org/index.php/topic,3.0.html

Pick ONE slowly climbing pair, with some volume.
Don't learn with more than one pair.

Hoping it helps?

Offline Greenback56

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 08:11:07 PM »
Hi mate, thanks for the reply and the really useful links (especially the common errors page)  :).

Just wanted to say that i do have double_up set to false but it still makes double trades, i feel as if ive got a decent understanding of how everything functions config wise its more just the actual internals of the gunbot itself.

still looking into the sell cycles and the fact im still sat on unsold alt coins that have decent profit. Sure i can manually sell these but as im relatively new id like to see the gunbot perform under different strategies and circumstances.

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
>Anyone else having this issue or have any idea of how to fix it?

It happened to me a couple of times, 3.3.2 and Bittrex.

It seems to happen when the first order is PARTIALLY filled, then :
* gunbot checks the wallets and don't see any bought value (because it shown 0 until the order is filled)
* then he thinks he didn't buy and places an order again.

Don't think there is any solution apart trying another version... good luck...

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 11:57:18 AM »
Also I have my step gain sell level 3 on at 4% and with the config file adjusted to take all 3 levels into consideration. My ETC was bought at $11.8 average and it is now $12.423, GB shows me it wanted to sell at $12.27.... Im not complaining about the extra profit but im wondering why it did not execute the sell order and if anyone knows at what point will it?
you are using stepgain, please read up how it works ...

Offline Greenback56

• Rookie
    • View Profile
^ I have thank you v much.
the trend changed and we went down below the buy level, with my period set to 5 aswell it should have sold while it was still 1% up