Username: Password:

Author Topic: GB Bollinger band settings on Bittrex/Tradinview?  (Read 7409 times)

Offline Dnkydck

• Rookie
    • View Profile
GB Bollinger band settings on Bittrex/Tradinview?
« on: September 02, 2017, 08:59:46 AM »
Hi

Just purchased GB and I have a question about BB settings GB uses,
Appears like GB calculates BB differently to Bittrex, it is frustrating

Is it possible that Gunthar adds bollinger bands candlestick chart in future update

Thanks

Offline ntsili

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: GB Bollinger band settings on Bittrex/Tradinview?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 12:35:37 PM »
+1 from me

I think it's important to know what exactly the bot is seeing, so that we can adapt accordingly our strategies

Offline Bolthouse

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 01:03:23 PM »
I agree, it's annoying not knowing if our settings are working as intended. Would be nice to visualize the results of all the settings.

Offline Dnkydck

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 07:03:44 PM »
It doesnt help that sometimes Gain strategy override BB strategy.
Its very important to see the chart the way GB sees it.

How many ways are out there to calculate BB?
 There should not be such a big differences..John Bollinger would not be impressed. :D
Trading is hard enough even if you have all the graphs in front of u, this is like driving without headlights on

No one figured it out yet?

Offline ntsili

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 11:12:52 PM »
I tried to play with settings like period_storage_ticker, interval_ticker_update, period (EMA has NOTHING to do with Bollinger Bands) etc and -as it was said before- the result is always the same: Gunbot does not see Bollinger Bands correctly. 

But, after some research, I made the following observation: If you chose 15´ candlesticks on the graph, Gunbot does not see correctly the Bollinger Bands.
But when you try to select 2h or 4h candlesticks on the graph then Gunbot sees Bollinger Bands correctly!

Here in the photos, I added the strategy BB-StepGain, where the green line corresponds to 0% (low) Bollinger Band as Gunbot sees it (and the red one is sell for stepgain).
In the first photo (15´ candlesticks on the graph) the green line appears very low and it is wrong.
But, if you select 4h candlesticks on the graph, then Gunbot sees it correctly! I tried it with a lot of pairs.

If I am right, the fix of this issue if far more simple than I thought before. (apparently adapt the code of the GunBot so that when you choose a period of 15´ in the bot settings, the bot should see Bollinger Bands based on the 15´candlesticks on the graph and not on the 4h candlesticks as it is happening actually).
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 11:26:28 PM by ntsili »