Username: Password:

Author Topic: Is there any valid evidence gunbot is +EV ?  (Read 8931 times)

Offline mikael

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Is there any valid evidence gunbot is +EV ?
« on: October 31, 2017, 10:02:06 PM »
I've seen how ppl are insane in cryptomarket forums. They believe in every shitcoin. Have seen that hype also in this bot, but haven't seen any proofs. Just same lambo mambo jambo i've seen from shitcoins. But that doesnt make this bot -EV investment, just wondering how ppl believe and are ready to pay pretty much just because their inner believer tells to do so.

I am very curious to see some evidence does bot work when markets don't rocket? I've seen only one screenshot from profits made by gunbot. Checked date and almost all coins skyrocketed that day, so cant give much respect to that proof, because even most hodlers made more profits that day. So how this bot works when markets are not skyrocketing? Any videos/screenshots from a longer period etc?

Also wondering how many ppl are reselling their own bots away in marketplace. Isn't it just insane to sell money printing machine? Of course that is good option to get rid off from a bot, and all respect giving that option to botusers who are unhappy.

Also i am strongly thinking to buy a bot from this forum marketplace resellers who sell 0.5-0.6btc. Is it safe to give my api to escrow service? Who is helping me to get my bot configured if I buy my bot that way? Is there any risks or disadvantages to get bot that way?

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any valid evidence gunbot is +EV ?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 10:20:45 PM »
Good questions.
But the reply is obvious.

There is no guaranteed machine to get you rich - if you believe so, please run away.

GB is a *tool*, you've to learn *a lot* to use this tool, take a lot of time and energy, and even having learnt and done all this, you may never be able to make a nice furniture with this tool.

Watch million of videos on Youtube on how to lathe wood (with much success!); but this doesn't mean you'll be able to do anything close to what you saw.

In short, it can't exist universal proof, it may work for some, may not for others.

Right now, there are also some bugs which is another problem to cope with - we're waiting for the XT version, I read about it -  soon maybe.

Regarding API: GB author sure would make quick profit in taking your money through APIs, and face jail maybe - but he certainly prefers to sell thousands of licences legally and peacefully. So don't worry about this.

PS: My advice is just a personal opinion, I don't know gunthy.org or the developper. I even have same griefs against them, like lack of communication, etc.

PPS: The main problem is NOT the profits, it can do: no problem. The main problem is the bags (pairs bought that you can't resell without loosing 'money' (ie the main currency of the pair).

Offline mikael

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 10:31:04 PM »
There is no guaranteed machine to get you rich - if you believe so, please run away.

I'm just happy if i can see clear evidence that one or two users get profits in long term. Even better if you can guarantee that also i can get rich by bot :D

But i wasn't asking for guarantee. Just wondering is this bot just in same hype as all cryptocoins. Or does there really exist REAL proofs that some1 have got profits without skyrocketing markets (where obv all get profits) with this bot.

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 10:45:07 PM »
As I've read/watched somewhere else, 90% of 'occasional traders' loose money.
Whatever the tool.

Reread my PPS above.

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 07:23:04 AM »
in my book the jury is still out, if a trader with the use of gunbot can beat the market at all. with other financial instruments such as shares, bonds, etc. it may possible on short term. in the long term just buying and holding across the market wins.
this year, I am sure any bot trader will make a collossal loss with the bot against holding a sensible cross market spread (arbitrage trading not taken in account, but even that wouldn't brake the line). this is because of how the market played out plus the bot across all the versions displays various hiccups. on jan 1st 2017 total market cap was a little less than 18 billion USD, on oct 29th 2017 the total market cap was 170 billion plus USD. so the mrket gained roughly 940% this year until oct 29th. with a 20% per month gain you are way behind (this is what the author of the gunbot makes on average, and is nothing to be sneered about.) not way behind, way, way, way behind. and I have yet to achieve a 20% per month gain. so for me it is loosing me money against just buying everything across the market and holding. I have yet to see anyone gunbot trader with a gain of over 900% this year. so far not one bragged of these gains. or even more than 300%, if we take the BTC price gain of roughly 600% out of the equation. still alot behind.
better not to count bags that are eating profits away, and so are fees.
now, don't get me wrong. I never ever regretted buying this thing. I have a blast just looking at it go. I treat GB as a hobby, and as you know, every hobby has it's cost.
so, gunbot is not the stuff lambos are made of. lambos are made of cross market bundles, held for a long time. that's ma personal advice of acumulating wealth. or, make a better bot, with more than 2.500 licenses sold @0.1 BTC in todays money this is roughly a million and a half USD, in private transactions, untaxed I presume.
the disadvantage of buying a second hand bot might be a lenghty process of approval. a month is not unheard of.
how many people have sold their bot? count the WTS posts (it's some, not a lot, but some). they sold beacuse it's not a money printing machine, but they expected one and were dissapointed when it wasn't.
I would start with 0.4 BTC offers for a second hand, it's still the same, or even more than the bot cost in fiat if bought pre august 2017. so a fair price, because much more hassle for you, as if bought new.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:50:28 AM by sloaleks »

Offline Hoho

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 06:46:08 PM »
I think you're doing the math wrong there... If you're gaining 20% BTC return per month, your BTC overall value is increasing. so you get that 20% gain, PLUS the 900% gain in USD value.

For example; not compounding 'cause I don't feel like it

JAN 1
Buy & Hold 1 btc = 1000 USD
gunbotting 1 btc = 1000 USD

TODAY
Buy & hold 1 btc =  7000 USD
gunbotting 3.2 btc = 15400 USD

Or am I reading you wrong?

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 07:23:02 AM »
yes, you are right. but if you have achieved such numbers, please share method (am prepared to pay dividends even, if you feel so inclined).
I have not yet achieved a 20% gain in one motnh. I have asked a few fellow gunbotters about this and some have done it, but not consistently. I am a lot worse, most months are a loss of 5 to 15%. and it compounds. in both cases.

so in my case as bad trader roughly:
jan1
buy and hold x btc 1000usd
gunbot x  btc         1000usd

today
buy and hold x btc 7000usd
gunbot 0.6x btc     4200usd, whatever is left of btc in hardly sellable bags of altcoins, loosing value on day basis

looked at it in crypto my gunbot trading is a disaster, although it has still made money profit in fiat.
compared to just "hodl" the profit of my gunbotting is about a quarter less (even bags still have some value, but not a lot) than just with hodling. mind you this is a rough example, not the exact numbers. I think I might be even worse off with a loss of more than 25% compared to just hodl if I count in the bot price of 0.1 btc and the electricity of running my pc 24-7. plus I spent a fortune in trade fees. it's hard to beat the market.

now lets play the market against a bot on 20%
jan 1
market 1000 usd(17.8 billion)
gunbot x  btc         1000usd

nov5
market 11.200usd (199 billion)
gunbot on 20% not compounded 11x0,2 +1 btc =3,2 btc=15.400usd and here i was overly pessimistic.

to achieve this beating of the market, again, requires the skill to consistently achieve a return of a bit less than 20% per month. no bags whatsoever are allowed. I don't know how to make this happen.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 08:26:07 AM by sloaleks »