Username: Password:

Author Topic: Suggestion for coding the "BUY NOW" feature  (Read 9264 times)

Offline Clannad

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Suggestion for coding the "BUY NOW" feature
« on: May 10, 2017, 03:04:05 PM »
Hi Everyone, Hi Gunthar,

There are cases where a "BUY NOW" feature would be really helpfull, it is when a pump starts and when we think price will keep getting higher, in such case Gunbot would never buy during the pump and thus we can miss great opportunities.

There were attempts for Gunbot to take into account manual buy orders but it didn't work, I can understand it is not easy for Gunbot to deal with manual orders, but it should be easy if Gunbot places a buy order himself upon request.

I thought about an easy way of coding this: Gunbot already watches for config files modifications. We could add a new parameter called "COMMAND" (for example) at the end of config file. By default this parameter would be empty.

Now if we want Gunbot to buy now, we could just set "COMMAND=BUY", Gunbot would notice the config file change, see we tell him to buy, it would then buy for the set amount of the coin and reset the COMMAND parameter to empty.

We could also use this parameter for other purposes, for example setting "COMMAND=STOP" would tell the bot to stop in a clean way, Gunbot would then reset the COMMAND parameter to empty, and EXIT, this is much better than killing the process.

There could be many other usefull uses for this COMMAND parameter I have not thinked about yet...

What do you think about it ?