Username: Password:

Author Topic: Kraken issue - boughtPrice undefined, priceToSell --not set--  (Read 6362 times)

Offline jhelion

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Kraken issue - boughtPrice undefined, priceToSell --not set--
« on: October 13, 2017, 08:19:09 PM »
Hi,
New GB user here. I've looked on these forums but didn't find an answer, if this is a repeat please point me to the proper thread :)

I've licensed GB for Poloniex and Kraken. Poloniex is working fine, making buy and sell trades. I use the same configs for Kraken, and though the Kraken instance has made a buy, for that coin pair it says the boughtPrice is undefined, priceToSell is --not set--/null.

It seems to me that if priceToSell and boughtPrice are not known, then the bot will not be able to sell. Is that the case? TIA for any pointers.

Offline paramecie

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Kraken issue - boughtPrice undefined, priceToSell --not set--
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 08:41:49 PM »
May be due to the recent Kraken changes about trading values that must be rounded to the proper decimals...

I don't think any version < 5.x can manage this, but I'm not sure.

Please anyway consider 5.x version... especially when the *so awaited* 5.0.5.x stable release will be released  :P

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Kraken issue - boughtPrice undefined, priceToSell --not set--
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 07:08:57 AM »
You don't say what version you are running. I have not really had any problems on Kraken with any bot since 4.0.1, except for strange BB calculations. 5.0.1 has the Kraken price precision drop built in (and all versions younger then that), and since 4.0.1 we have a dust handler. So, the only usable versions on Kraken are 5.0.1. and onwards, or in release dates, it must be 11.9.17 or newer, beacuse the last price precision reduction on Krak was implemented in the first week of september 2017. Older versions are not adjusted to this precision reduction.