Username: Password:

Author Topic: Beginning with Gunbot Lite  (Read 6355 times)

Offline packtim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Beginning with Gunbot Lite
« on: December 31, 2017, 05:17:41 PM »
Hi there,

I am completely new to this but have purchased GB light (with only the Emotionless strategy).  Looks like there is a wealth of experience on here, and I have tried to read around before posting this.  I have been testing 'Emotionless' on Bittrex for the past couple of days, and have also just installed V7.0.2

I was looking to try and test this first for a month or two, and convince myself that I have the hang of it before potentially upgrading.  Just a few queries though.

1)  Is it best to start out trading BTC pairs, given that the spreads seem to be the lowest?  Or would USDT be a better option?

2)  As I am new, is 5 pairs a good start as a maximum?

3)  Given that I am limited to this strategy at the moment, is it best to stick with high market cap pairs like BTC with ETH,LTC, DASH,XMR.

4)  Is this a difficult time to start using this given that the market seems bearish after the early December bull run?

I am still quite inexperienced, but am willing to read and learn and don't expect to be spoon fed. Just want to get it running so I get modest gains and confidence that I know what I am doing.

Any advice appreciated.  Have a good new year all

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Beginning with Gunbot Lite
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 11:33:04 PM »
Yea, welcome to the famiglia. BTC pairs in my book will never dissapoint you, as you will most likely get double profit on FIAT. First, you earn BTC on the trades and next you earn additional FIAT on BTCs price climb.
5 pairs seems a bit low. Set up about 20 pairs, but don't divide your capital into 20 trade sums. Say, if you have 1 BTC capital, divide for trade limits into no more than 5 parts,  eg. set trade limit 0.20 on 20 setup pairs. See how it plays out and add more capital when you feel confident. This way most of your capital can be put to work. On pair selection be careful. I strongly suggest to choose sideways pairs with good trade volume. Set initial capital and trade limits low for starters, to avoid tying your capital in bags. Bags WILL HAPPEN, so don't panic. Most of them will clear by themselves. Check pairs daily. Disable double up until you learn how to use it.
And the market is not bearish at all, my bot made over 10 trades on new years eve, of all times. On less than 20 pairs set up, with capital to trade just 2 pairs at a time.
So, happy new year, and good gunbotting!

Offline packtim

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 12:46:48 PM »
That's great, thanks very much for your help.  Still loads to learn then!  Yes I am going to start with relatively low capital to start with until I get the hang of it, with the minimum buy in until.  I understand bags will happen, and I am comfortable with that, another reason to start low.

Thanks for your help and have a good New Year.  I will probably be back at some point!

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 01:28:11 PM »
No problem at all, you are very welcome.

Offline abertronic

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 12:36:31 AM »
Hi!
I bought gunbot lite. Having great fun with it. The emotionless strategy is great for learning the basics about gunbot. But I can see I'll be wanting more options soon.  Is there an upgrade path to the full version?

Thanks!!!