Username: Password:

Author Topic: How can I set a minimum quantity to keep?  (Read 6701 times)

Offline MagicDude4Eva

• Rookie
    • View Profile
How can I set a minimum quantity to keep?
« on: December 30, 2017, 06:00:25 AM »
I would like to keep a specific number of coin holdings which are not to be sold. I know that MIN_VOLUME_TO_SELL exists:

MIN_VOLUME_TO_SELL   0.001   Values: numerical – represents the total value of a coins holdings in base currency. Sets a threshold for sell orders. If you own less than the set amount, sell orders will not be placed and the bot goes into buying mode again. Only use whole numbers for fiat pairs.

How can I configure GB so that I keep can for example XRP10000 without having to constantly re-adjust it's total value?

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: How can I set a minimum quantity to keep?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 09:01:21 AM »
you can't. open a separate account to hold or put the coins in your wallet.

Offline MagicDude4Eva

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 09:02:33 AM »
Further details (also see https://github.com/GuntharDeNiro/BTCT/issues/361):

So, what would happen if I have 300 IOTA, I set "CANCEL_ORDERS_ENABLED=false" and then place a 200IOTA limit sell at $100 (i.e. the sell-order will never be filled)?

Would GB then still trade the other 100IOTA or would it not trade at all?

Also, if I then set MIN_VOLUME_TO_SELL at 3ETH, would GB attempt to buy up to that volume?

Offline sloaleks

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 09:34:13 AM »
Further details (also see https://github.com/GuntharDeNiro/BTCT/issues/361):

So, what would happen if I have 300 IOTA, I set "CANCEL_ORDERS_ENABLED=false" and then place a 200IOTA limit sell at $100 (i.e. the sell-order will never be filled)?

Would GB then still trade the other 100IOTA or would it not trade at all?

yes, if your exchange allows a minimum 100 IOT order

Also, if I then set MIN_VOLUME_TO_SELL at 3ETH, would GB attempt to buy up to that volume?
you can't set 3 ETH, just a number. the value set is number of coins of your base in your pair that is the minimum of primary you must hold in your account. wiki:
MIN_VOLUME_TO_SELL   0.001   Values: numerical – represents the total value of a coins holdings in base currency. Sets a threshold for sell orders. If you own less than the set amount, sell orders will not be placed and the bot goes into buying mode again. Only use whole numbers for fiat pairs.